Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Headaces and BP not a concern..this is getting old fast

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Headaces and BP not a concern..this is getting old fast

Postby melissaa » Tue Oct 16, 2012 08:18 am

by melissaa (185 Posts), Tue Oct 16, 2012 08:18 am

I saw neurology yesterday.. he said that the headaches suond identical to the headaches I had with my sons pregnancy 3 years ago and my exam looks the same. He didnt feel there was a need for another MRI since they did one then but said unfortnately theres nothing he can offer me that isnt class C unless I try magnesium 500mg. I tried it yesterday b/c I had the worse headache of my life (I would compare it to the headache I had once in L&D when pre-e hit with with my son) the entire day and it may have weakened it a smidge but it hit full force again a few hours before bed time. I also went in for and NST yesterday b/c of lessened movement and higher BP's this weekend (144/85, 150/78) baby did great on the monitor (even though Ive been having to drink a little caffiene to get her to move). I mentioned the headaches worsening to the dr who called me Friday and he couldnt offer me any reasoning or help either. He just said that they will go away after delivery and left it at that. I am to the point that there is NO WAY I am going to be able to handle headaches daily like that for 6 more weeks. I dont know what else to do. I completely understand that delivery isnt the best option on the table at 33 weeks and I definitely dont want her to have to go to nicu, but im really afraid. Im fraid I'll have a siezure while im home alone with my 3 year old son.. who would be absolutely terrified and wouldnt have a clue what to do to get me help. I have a strong feeling something is going to happen sooner or later and its consuming my every thought :/. Gah I hate this! I LOVE pregnancy.. I was o hoping to have at least one normal one I could enjoy up until 39-40 weeks but it doesnt look like thats going to happen. At th ame time, Its so frustrating that no one seems concerned about my symptoms. I've been waiting on my MFM referral since Friday morning.. still havent heard a word and I've even called back and left a message.
Me (26) D (29)
#1 Addison~ 5-31-07 emergency c-sec 35 weeks. 4 lbs 12 oz. (IUGR, PRE-E, fetal distress)-had to be delivered so fast they broke her leg during delivery.
#2 Lucas~ delivered @ 36 weeks 6 lbs 10 oz. (PIH, PRE-E)
#3 Harper Lily-delivered @ 37.6 weeks 7 lbs (PIH)
melissaa

Re: Headaces and BP not a concern..this is getting old fast

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Tue Oct 16, 2012 02:04 pm

by holly3372@msn.com (478 Posts), Tue Oct 16, 2012 02:04 pm

Ugh I cannot imagine how you are feeling but it sounds terrible! I would be calling and basically stalking the MFM's office until someone speaks to you and you are able to be seen asap. It concerns me that you have to drink some caffine to get the baby to move, are the doctors saying this is normal to them?? Keep us posted, Im so sorry your going through this. I am thinking of you.
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013
holly3372@msn.com

Postby Raposa » Tue Oct 16, 2012 06:18 pm

by Raposa (85 Posts), Tue Oct 16, 2012 06:18 pm

Are you prone to migraines when you're not pregnant? I am, and had been having "weekend migraines" for the three weeks leading up to being put on bedrest due to stress. More rest helped.

I take 150 mg magnesium daily to reduce the severity or prevent migraines. I did before I got pregnant, and the docs just told me to keep my vitamins the same (also taking Vit D to prevent SAD and my prenatals).

I can't imagine weeks of that kind of lousiness, though. I usually lie down with a damp washcloth over my eyes and/or forehead.
1st son, induced at 37 weeks due to pre-e, born 6/18/10.
2nd son, c-section at 37 weeks due to hypertension, born 1/15/13.
Raposa

Postby mom29 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 06:30 pm

by mom29 (1391 Posts), Tue Oct 16, 2012 06:30 pm

I used a class C med. for headaches during my pregnancy occasionally. It helped break the cycle of daily headaches. Also, if you use magnesium use the powdered or liquid form.
mom29

Postby nov_mum » Wed Oct 17, 2012 03:19 am

by nov_mum (130 Posts), Wed Oct 17, 2012 03:19 am

By class C do you mean codeine? I found it helpful to lessen the pain and pain increases BP so it helped two fold. Baby shouldn't be effected by it as long as it isn't taken close to delivery.
nov_mum

Postby melissaa » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:36 am

by melissaa (185 Posts), Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:36 am

sorry I havent updated... I was having a terrible headache yesterday paired with upper 140s/upper 80s bp and some strange RUQ stuff yesterday and then a low grade temp last night. My bp at my ob this morning was 144/85, they are rechecking my labs and just called with my bloodwork saying it was WNL so im not sure whats going on. He offered to admit me to the hospital for monitoring and to run my labs there but DD has a low temp and is out of school so I chose to do my 24 hr at home. He is still working on getting me an appt at MFM and said that they will do a scan there to assess her gowth and blood flow further. Im just so frustrated and exhausted by it all.. as much as I try not to think about it, the whole thing just consumes my thoughts and the days after about 4-5pm ar absolutely miserable with the headaches..ect. :/
Me (26) D (29)
#1 Addison~ 5-31-07 emergency c-sec 35 weeks. 4 lbs 12 oz. (IUGR, PRE-E, fetal distress)-had to be delivered so fast they broke her leg during delivery.
#2 Lucas~ delivered @ 36 weeks 6 lbs 10 oz. (PIH, PRE-E)
#3 Harper Lily-delivered @ 37.6 weeks 7 lbs (PIH)
melissaa

Return to Ask the Experienced