25 week ultrasound/ 27 Percentile

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Re: 25 week ultrasound/ 27 Percentile

Postby angieb » Sat Oct 20, 2012 09:41 pm

As long as they are doing blood flow studies, and they are normal, I guess that's really all you can do. My DH and I are about the same heights and neither of our rainbow babies have ever been that small, DS was in the 70th%ile and my current pregnancy the baby was above average too. But someone has to fall under the 50%ile and I'm sure in the large majority of cases it is fine. I don't blame you for being concerned though, I always watch our measurements like a hawk and if something is even one or two days behind (which has only happened once, with one measurement, though the rest of them were all nearly a week ahead), I would freak out after having a severely IUGR baby. Usually with IUGR, the blood flow will be somehow compromised, so if blood flow is good and they are watching it. I would also want them to start doing monitoring (NST's or BPP's) to make sure she's okay in there pretty early (28ish-30ish wks) unless her growth jumps up suddenly.
Me (29) DH (30)
#1-Olivia Caetlyn-9-28-09-9-28-09, 23+2 wks, emergency classic c-section, class I HELLP, IUGR
#2- Lucas Oliver (rainbow baby)- April 2011, 36+2 wks, HELLP and pre-e free! (lovenox and LDA pregnancy)
#3-Matthew, late October 2012...mostly normal, 37 wks, (lovenox and LDA again)
My blog: http://www.butterflies-and-rainbows.blogspot.com/

princess purr

Postby princess purr » Sat Oct 20, 2012 01:08 pm

She is already bigger then my Veronica was when she was born at 26.5 weeks, so I think that is good! Keep thinking positive!! I'm keeping you in my prayers and I know you are going to see good results at the 28 week ultrasound!! We also have to remind ourselves that we where the rare cases. Normally a baby born even as little as 26 weeks makes it and it sounds like you are on the road to making it past that :-) at 25 weeks I was already swelling and my pressure was going up, so you are doing great! Keep up the good work, and I know our little angels are cheering you on!!!
Val (34) & Carlos (32)
Married: April 29th 2011
Veronica Rosina, 11/25/2004-11/27/2004
Born at 26.5 weeks (1 lb 4oz, 14 inches) because of severe preeclampsia (doc says I was on my way to HELLP but not there yet)
Nicholas Robert, 11/22/2013 7 lb 7oz 19.5 inches, born at 36 weeks (due to previous classical c-section) PE FREE!!!!!!

Forum Moderator

Postby sam10 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 09:56 am

It is so hard, but when my doctors/nurses say not to worry, I try to follow their guidance and trust them. There can be some inaccuracy of measurement, depending on baby's position and the skills of the technician.
Fingers crossed for a growth spurt until your next growth scan.
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
H (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
M (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

25 week ultrasound/ 27 Percentile

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Sat Oct 20, 2012 07:32 am

Hi Girls. So I had my 25 week ultrasound which was the follow up from my 22 week one. At 22 weeks she was in the 30th percentile, doc was not worried because my pressures have been so good and I have been feeling good as well. Now, my 25 weeks ultrasound she is in the 27th percentile. Again, doc said, you are not going to have a big baby, ( I am 5'3 husbands 5'10) he said she's still within normal range. He also said again because your blood pressures have been so good so far I am happy with that and the fact that she did grow. The blood flow to placenta was also good. At 22 weeks she was almost a pound, now at 25 weeks she is 1lb 6 oz. This number freaked me out a bit because at almost 27 weeks that is what my son weighed at birth. I will go back for another ultrasound in 3 weeks so I'll be 28 weeks then. I'm glad as of now things are going well, but then again the fact that her percentile has gotten lower worries me. Any thoughts from anyone would be great, thanks :)
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013

Return to “Pregnant Again?”