headaches, blurry vision, elevated BP but NOT pre-e?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Re: headaches, blurry vision, elevated BP but NOT pre-e?

Postby melissaa » Tue Nov 13, 2012 07:46 pm

I've never had migraines other than when I had pre-e with my son.. thats how it started for me. Whats frustrating is.. my neuro for some reason because I had them then (which is the only other time I've ever seen him) put that I have chronic migraines in my chart.. so I guess they think im lieing about not having had them before. idk. I'm 37 weeks now (well, technically tomorrow.. which is only a few hours away). The headache is continuing to get worse. It was awful earlier so I soaked in the warm tub with dim lights and it took the edge off a little but the minute I stood up to get out, it was back full force and hasnt let up much since :(
Thank you!!
I just pray this dr tomorrow has some brains.
Me (26) D (29)
#1 Addison~ 5-31-07 emergency c-sec 35 weeks. 4 lbs 12 oz. (IUGR, PRE-E, fetal distress)-had to be delivered so fast they broke her leg during delivery.
#2 Lucas~ delivered @ 36 weeks 6 lbs 10 oz. (PIH, PRE-E)
#3 Harper Lily-delivered @ 37.6 weeks 7 lbs (PIH)
melissaa

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Wed Nov 14, 2012 04:49 am

My doc had on my chart that I had chronic hypertention which I did not! I had never had a high blood pressure reading in my entire life or any other health issues until my last pregnancy. I made sure and let him and his office staff know this and that it was removed. My next visit I asked about it again to confirm thay had removed it from my chart by showing me!! That is something you should let your neuro and staff know and get that off your chart asap. That is most likely why they are treating you this way if they think you always had migraines. That way it will be made clear to them that this is no regular migraine going on. This is your history and how things went wrong in your other pregnancy, started with a headache like this. Please continue to remind them of this, You have to really advocate for yourself here. You have a history, you are now 37 weeks and do not want to be sent home again afarid and feelling so badly. Good luck today. I am happy to hear that you are so far along and your baby is at a good weight. Keep us posted. xo
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013
holly3372@msn.com

Postby melissaa » Wed Nov 14, 2012 08:11 am

Thanks Holly!
I have told them serveral times but for some reason, it apparently has yet to be removed. I just cant understand hy they're still basing my bp on the textbook levels. They're saying that the headaches cant possibly be caused by the bp b/c my bp is "good" (140/90 most of the time) but my normal is so low that its rediculous to say that mine isnt SO HIGH until 160/110. 90-100/50-60 to 140/90 is a huge jump!
Me (26) D (29)
#1 Addison~ 5-31-07 emergency c-sec 35 weeks. 4 lbs 12 oz. (IUGR, PRE-E, fetal distress)-had to be delivered so fast they broke her leg during delivery.
melissaa

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Wed Nov 14, 2012 02:12 pm

What happened at your appointment today??
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

holly3372@msn.com

Postby mom29 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 02:50 pm

You might need to point out what your baseline bp runs. Also, some IV narcotics since that is what they are offering to knock the headache out might be a good idea. You might feel better and they would know you are serious about your headache being that painful. If you are refusing any meds. they may be thinking it isn't *that* bad. I did get a prescription for the migraines I had during pregnancy, but the mfm felt I was having the telltale preeclamptic headaches.

I was given IV reglan while on the antepartum unit and that stuff was wonderful! Got rid of the headaches and I didn't feel knocked out like a narcotic makes you feel. http://allnurses.com/general-nursing-di ... 46276.html
mom29

Postby melissaa » Wed Nov 14, 2012 03:15 pm

Thanks for the tip on the narcotics!

Appt went much better today! My bp in the office was 148/87 and they did a urine sample and took my weight, I've gained a lb since yesterday. They didnt say what my urine sample was but he said there wasnt any point in repeating the 24 hour b/c it woul only set the plans he has back further. I am wondering if im spilling more again though, b/c the bubbles are back. I absolutely LOVE the MFM I saw, he was wonderful and didnt discount the headaches or blurry vision. He ordered more labs and said that if those come back abnormal, he will deliver tomorrow but even if they're normal, he set me up for an amnio at 1:30 to check for lung maturity and if her lungs are ready to go, he said they would deliver on Friday!
Me (26) D (29)
melissaa

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Wed Nov 14, 2012 04:13 pm

Yay wondeful news so happy to hear!!! Let us know how the amnio goes please and good to hear that about the meds for your headaches. Sending love!!

holly3372@msn.com

Postby melissaa » Fri Nov 16, 2012 09:13 am

AGHHHH!!! Baby would not cooperate for the amnio yesterday. Labs came back normal but the MFM said that didnt necessarily mean I didnt have pre-e. Something about certain levels being low but its normal for them to be low in pregnancy... idk. The fluid level was a 12 but it was evenly disributed and they couldnt find a big enough pocket to draw from. I begged him to let me walk around for a bit and drink a ton and come back and he agreed. I walked for an hour and drank 60 oz of fluid and went back only to see that nothing had changed. He appologised and said he wanted me to do ANOTHER (this makes the 6th or 7th) 24 hour urine on Sunday, and turn it in on Monday, do more labs, check the fluid level and if all that was still normal, he would attempt the amnio again (but at that point I would be a day shy of 38 weeks so I really dont see the point but insurance now wont pay for a delivery before 39 weeks without bad labs..and being symptomatic alone isnt enough of a reason). AGHHH!!! Im so frustrated that im ready to give up. Im ready to stop checking my bp, stop calling in for concerns.. im ready to stop thinking about it. I have not slept in 4 night b/c the headache is so bad in the evenings. I cant take it anymore and im starting to wonder if its all in my head.
Me (26) D (29)
melissaa

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Fri Nov 16, 2012 05:07 pm

Hey my friend, I was thinking of you today and wondering was this an insurance thing and sure enough it is. My mom who runs the medical staff department here at one of the hospitals in florida was just telling me that theres a new policy here no delivery without medical indication before 39 weeks !! I thought of you right away! I am so sorry you are going through so much I cannot imagine your frustration. Please hang in there , you are almost there. Try and keep focused on your baby and the end result. See how these latest labs come back. I have heard many woman telling me the same story about having the late amnio done. Keep us posted, don't give up!!!

holly3372@msn.com

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Tue Nov 20, 2012 09:44 am

How are you doing? I have not heard from you and have been thinking of you. Please update us when you can.

holly3372@msn.com

PreviousNext

Return to Ask the Experienced