Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Moving to Kansas!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Moving to Kansas!

Postby Raposa » Wed Nov 07, 2012 03:23 pm

by Raposa (85 Posts), Wed Nov 07, 2012 03:23 pm

The hubby got a great job offer this week, but the downside is that the job is in Kansas and we live in Virginia! They're flying us out to sign the paperwork and get us some househunting time in this weekend on their dime.

I'm excited, but also worried. I'm 27 weeks now! I know there's an MFM group in Kansas City, but I don't know anybody there and have no idea what the care will be like. I'm sad to leave such an awesome OB like the one I have now. She's scheduled me for my glucose test and a growth ultrasound next week just to make sure I'm as up to date on everything as possible. If we're still in the area after Thanksgiving, I'll have one more visit then.

So much to be done! I hope the hospital I end up with will be as nice and breastfeeding friendly as the one I had my older son at. And all the stress (even good stress) isn't helping my BP. 150/80 at the office, boo.
1st son, induced at 37 weeks due to pre-e, born 6/18/10.
2nd son, c-section at 37 weeks due to hypertension, born 1/15/13.
Raposa

Re: Moving to Kansas!

Postby KatieJo » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:49 am

by KatieJo (1 Posts), Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:49 am

Hi, Raposa!

I live in the KC Metro area. Send me a private message if you would like some doctor recommendations. My daughter was born at 33 weeks and 2 days at 2 pounds 14 ounces. I was on hospitalized bed rest for three weeks before she was born. My OB is wonderful and I really liked one of the doctors from the MFM group - I recently met with him and he will be monitoring me if I get pregnant again. I felt like we were in really good hands.

Good luck with the move!
KatieJo

Re: Moving to Kansas!

Postby Raposa » Wed Nov 14, 2012 07:45 pm

by Raposa (85 Posts), Wed Nov 14, 2012 07:45 pm

Got my last ultrasound with this OB. My baby boy is still measuring on track, right around 50%!

I also had my glucose and iron tests. Passed the glucose, but just barely low on iron. So, iron supplements for me, yum. See my MFM again tomorrow, probably last time before move unless they can squeeze me in the week of the move.
1st son, induced at 37 weeks due to pre-e, born 6/18/10.
2nd son, c-section at 37 weeks due to hypertension, born 1/15/13.
Raposa

Return to Pregnant Again?