Baby Asprin and other tips....

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Re: Baby Asprin and other tips....

Postby EmilyBear » Tue Jul 10, 2012 08:26 pm

I went for an appointment wi a high risk obgyn today who specializes in preenclampsia and she did support the use of baby aspirin, folic acid, calcium and vitamin D. She told me that there has been recent research to support the use of these "supplements" and that they do decrease your chances of developing preenclampsia again. According to her, they must be taken ASAP after conception. I feel so lucky to have found this doctor since most other studies have been to further the cause of preenclampsia...a diamond in the rough.
EmilyBear

Postby EmilyBear » Wed Jul 11, 2012 09:39 pm

I want to be clear though that these supplements/vitamins were recommended for my specific case. Please consult your doctor before taking any drugs/supplements etc.
EmilyBear

Postby LauraBeck12 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 01:33 am

If you did take asprin when did you start taking it?
Before conception?
Laura Beck, mother to Our most cherished Love - Our son- 8/1/11- 8/4/11
severe swelling and increased blood pressure started between 20-22 weeks. (ignored by medical professionals)
was finally clinically diagnosed with severe pre-e at 27 weeks.
spent 2 weeks in hospital.
He was born at 29 weeks, at exactly 2lbs. classical incision c-section.
He lived for 3 days in the NICU , autopsy said "lung failure" was cause of death.

http://clercbaby.blogspot.com/
LauraBeck12

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Tue Nov 20, 2012 09:56 am

I started taking it with a positive pregnancy test. My Ob said to take it until week 24, but my MFM said to cotinue to take it throughout the entire pregnancy so thats what I am doing. I am also taking extra calcium .
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013
holly3372@msn.com

Previous

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia