Weight Loss Buddies - Fall 2012

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

Re: Weight Loss Buddies - Fall 2012

Postby tree » Sun Nov 18, 2012 03:30 pm

Flori - it is good to hear from you again! This week is a major challenge for anyone trying to get health or lose weight. I try to limit my cheating to Thursday and behave the rest of the week. It works sometimes... I expect to mess up this time of year, but I try to limit my bad choices to things that are totally worth it. Congrats on cutting out the soda! There is sometimes a silver lining in getting sick. I hope you get some good news about the cyst on your kidney. It sounds like it could be good news if removing it could help get your BP under control. Let us know how your appointment goes next week.

I have met my workout goals for the past three week, and I am really happy about that. I had to take today off and an extra easy day last week because my stomach is really awful. I am going to try to get in six workouts this week anyway. My in-laws will be here, which makes it tougher to make time for exercise. I need to learn how to fit it in when we have houseguests.

Weight: 144.4 (-1 lb), probably because I feel rotten
Goal: six workouts this week, enjoying Thanksgiving in moderation.
Daughter born April 2009 at 35 weeks due to Class 1 HELLP
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby tree » Sat Dec 08, 2012 04:15 pm

Hi All,
I think it is time to wrap this up for the holidays. I will start up a new group around Jan 1. Have a wonderful holiday! This has been fun, and I hope it has been helpful for you. I am back down to 142 and on a healthy workout schedule. I hope you are all well.
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby princess purr » Sat Dec 08, 2012 04:44 pm

I am going to join, and try to actually be active after the holidays LOL Hubby having his gallbladder out totally threw me for a loop!
Val (34) & Carlos (32)
Married: April 29th 2011
Veronica Rosina, 11/25/2004-11/27/2004
Born at 26.5 weeks (1 lb 4oz, 14 inches) because of severe preeclampsia (doc says I was on my way to HELLP but not there yet)
Nicholas Robert, 11/22/2013 7 lb 7oz 19.5 inches, born at 36 weeks (due to previous classical c-section) PE FREE!!!!!!
princess purr

Postby tree » Sat Dec 08, 2012 08:56 pm

Val - I hope your husband is feeling better. It is tough to make big voluntary lifestyle changes when life throws curveballs like that. I had the last test for my Crohn's workup yesterday. I really hope that I "passed", but I feel awful and had some inflammatory markers in my latest round of blood work. We might be subtitling next year's weight loss buddies thread "kicking Crohn's in the butt" because that is what we are going to do.
tree
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Misc