2013 Preeclampsia Foundation Memory Quilt

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

2013 Preeclampsia Foundation Memory Quilt

Postby rosemary » Thu Nov 29, 2012 07:33 pm

In 2007, 2008, 2011 and 2012 foundation members came together to create memory quilts to benefit the Preeclampsia Foundation. Foundation members were asked to design and create a quilt square to honor a loved one lost to preeclampsia or to honor a survivor. The past quilts have been auctioned off at the yearly Saving Grace – A Night of Hope 2007-08 events and were a huge success. In 2011 and 2012, two new quilts were created. The two quilts were displayed at Promise Walks held all over the USA. The quilts have not only raise awareness and research funds, they have also provided an emotional outlet for family members to spotlight their loved ones. The Foundation wants to give those who wish to participate a chance to remember and honor their sons, daughters, mothers, aunts, and sisters. The new quilt will be displayed at Promise Walks around the country during the 2013 walk season.

If you would like participate, please send an e-mail to rosemary1550@aol.com. Please include in your e-mail your full name and mailing address - and the word QUILT in the subject line. A pre-cut fabric square, written instructions, general guidelines, will be mailed to you in early January. There is a strictly enforced deadline of March 1, 2013 to return the completed square to ensure enough time for the quilt to be assembled. If you have questions, feel free to post here or email me.
Rosemary - 47 - Central, PA
Momma to Kayleigh 8/25/88 - 36 weeks
Elliott 8/29/04 - lost at 20 weeks due to severe PE/HELLP
Proud Grandma to Max Allen 10/19/10.
rosemary
Forum Moderator

Re: 2013 Preeclampsia Foundation Memory Quilt

Postby kerisue » Wed Dec 05, 2012 02:31 pm

I made a quilt block for Millie back in 2011 and it was well worth the effort. The finished quilt was so beautiful! If you've lost a baby or other family member in the last year or so I encourage you to participate in this (not that your loss needs to be recent, I don't think). As Rosemary says below it can also be to honor a survivor.
Mama to Millie
born June 2010 @ 24 wks. gestation due to my severe PE and CHF
lived 25 days, loved and missed
kerisue
Forum Moderator

Return to Misc