Here we go again...eeeeek.

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Here we go again...eeeeek.

Postby Sunshinebubs » Wed Dec 12, 2012 08:17 am

Hi everyone!

Im new here and this is my first post ;) I am almost 14 weeks pregnant with baby no 2 after experiencing sudden severe pre-eclampsia with my daughter 2 years ago. Like many of you, Im terrified. Im constantly thinking about what could happen and it scares me so much that I will end up going through the same horrific experience as I did last time. Im so thankful to have found a place where people truly understand.

My due date is 15th June 2013. Looking forward to meeting you all and joining in this wonderful support group :D xxx
~ Daughter born @36 weeks due to sudden severe pre-eclampsia, weighing 4lb 1/2oz. Now a happy and healthy 2 year old ;)

~ Expecting baby No 2 and praying for a smooth pregnancy and birth
Sunshinebubs

Re: Here we go again...eeeeek.

Postby sam10 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 09:49 am

Hello and welcome! Being pregnant again after having experienced PE is so scary. It helped me to go one day at a time. I also felt very comfortable with my doctor and nurses who looked after me.
Keeping my fingers crossed for an uneventful pregnancy. Let us know if you have any questions or worries. We are here, we understand.
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Re: Here we go again...eeeeek.

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Wed Dec 12, 2012 08:21 pm

Congragulations and welome!!! Yes being pregnant again after having preeclampsia can be a real mixture of feelings which are all normal. It isn't easy and you will have ups and downs. I was both thrilled an terrified and still am lol. My first pregnancy ended at 26 weeks with severe early on set preeclampsia. It was a horrible time. The good news though is that every pregnancy is truly different. I have learned so much and gotten such amazing support on this site. I have doctors I trust which really makes a big difference. I will be 33 weeks this friday which is a miracle to me, I never thought I'd get this far and am just grateful for each day. When I feel overwhelmed,scared or just need support I come on here and always feel better. Wishing you a happy, healthy , uneventful pregnancy :D
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013
holly3372@msn.com

Return to Pregnant Again?