by ellemoon (47 Posts), Fri Dec 14, 2012 09:41 am
My husband and I are going to start trying for #2 in March. I've already met with 2 MFMs and gathered information, formed a plan, etc. BUT since I met with the last one, I was diagnosed with homozygous C677T MTHFR (apparently the worst one). I know there are varying opinions on this but given my history of early severe pre-e, partial placental abruption, IUGR, superficial DVT postpartum and chronic high blood pressure...I've decided I definitely want to do Lovenox injections. This article definitely sealed my decision. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3407628/
I know my OB will not be experienced in this and will want me to talk to the MFM. Since I didn't know I had this when I met with the MFM before, Lovenox was not discussed. My question is...should I schedule another appt with him to discuss a plan for Lovenox BEFORE I get pregnant again? or should I wait until I am pregnant? If I wait until I am pregnant, Then I risk running into problems with the MFM maybe not giving me Lovenox and then I will have to find one that will give it to me. I've researched the risks vs. benefits and I know that I want to do it, without a doubt. What would you do?
Leslie (26) DH (28)
Chronic hypertensive since age 17
DD- born April 24, 2011 due to severe pre-e at 29w1d weighing 2lbs, 11oz
Diagnosed with homozygous MTHFR C677T
Pregnant with #2! Due 9/2/13 but will deliver at 36-37 weeks due to classical csection.
(Labetolol, HCTZ, Aspirin 81mg, Calcium, Mag, Zinc, D, Fish Oil, Fiber gummies, Folic Acid)