Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Borderline Pre-e

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Borderline Pre-e

Postby Karaboo2000 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 02:29 am

Hello! I am 35w pregnant with my first child. After a regularly scheduled OB appt last week, it was discovered that my BP were high (150/90) and had traces of protein in urine. Was sent to L&D and was monitored overnight and did 24 hr test. Results showed protein of 235 mg. They let me come home on strict bed rest which I've been doing the last few days while monitoring my own BP. While resting, my BP are between 120-135/70-85 or so. If I get up to move around too much they spike over 140/90. It seems like I'm Pre, Pre-eclampsic. My questions are as follows:
How quickly could my urine counts go over 300 to where I'm diagnosed with Pre-e? Anyone have experiences they can share with this?
Once I am diagnosed, is it likely I'll be sent to hospital for remainder until delivery?
Thanks!!
Karaboo2000

Re: Borderline Pre-e

Postby Raposa » Tue Jan 08, 2013 09:34 am

I had a similar experience with my first pregnancy. I had protein first, though, and then the blood pressure crept up to match. Since my bloodwork came back normal or borderline, they simply sent me home for strict bedrest until I reached 37 weeks. I had NSTs (non-stress tests) twice a week to make sure the baby stayed healthy while we gave him time for his lungs to mature, and several more blood draws to make sure I stayed healthy enough to continue pregnancy until he was ready.

I had a successful induction at 37 weeks, 1 day and was fully recovered by my 6 weeks postpartum appointment.
1st son, induced at 37 weeks due to pre-e, born 6/18/10.
2nd son, c-section at 37 weeks due to hypertension, born 1/15/13.
Raposa

Re: Borderline Pre-e

Postby LBD30 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 03:52 pm

Very Quickly! pre e can progress super fast. One day, I was in the OB fine and 2 days later was having an emergency c-section at 33 weeks. That being said, I have read about women on this forum in which it did not progress fast at all. Just be aware of your symptoms and be in touch with your dr.
Lilah born 5/30/11 - emergency c-section at 33.5 weeks due to severe pre-e
LBD30

Return to Ask the Experienced