Almost there!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Almost there!

Postby Raposa » Wed Jan 09, 2013 06:23 pm

36 week appointment today. 24 hour came back 724, so lower than last time and still close enough to my baseline of 611 to avoid worry. Platelets and liver numbers great!

The baby had rolled onto his side by the time I got to the appointment, so they decided to wait and see if he turns head down on his own. By now, I think he is, but it's so hard to be sure, sometimes! BPP was great, as usual.

Only downside is that my blood pressure was above 140/90 again, and didn't come down enough after resting on my left for a bit, so the OB is adding a calcium channel blocker to my meds. Another 24 hour tomorrow, and the next appointment is on Monday, which will be 36 weeks, 6 days!

I'm 50% effaced, no dialation yet, so I'm hoping I can keep going a little longer to get set up better for a possible induction. I avoided C-section last time, really hoping to have another vaginal delivery this time!

So close! Still have a few things to do, like call around and line up a pediatrician!
1st son, induced at 37 weeks due to pre-e, born 6/18/10.
2nd son, c-section at 37 weeks due to hypertension, born 1/15/13.
Raposa

Re: Almost there!

Postby MomTimesThree » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:20 pm

WOW! Congrats!!
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Thu Jan 10, 2013 08:28 am

YAY!!!! I'm 37 weeks tomorrow !!! We are almost there!!! What a journey huh!? I just found my pediatrition tuesday so one more thing off my before baby list!! It is so surreal packing a hospital bag etc, things most women take for granted. I am so happy to be packing big granny panties for my csection ha ha so silly but I really am happy to do it.
Hope the calcium channel blocker does the trick and sooooo awesome that his Bpp's are great! Keep us posted on your 24 hour urine results! Thinking of you. :)
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013
holly3372@msn.com

Postby gratiana » Thu Jan 10, 2013 03:27 pm

Good luck to both of you! You're almost there!!!

Had my 30-week check-up this afternoon, and everything looked fine. After all my superstition, we are finally starting to assemble a registry, set up the nursery, etc., so I've jumped from total denial straight into OMGSOMUCHTODOTHISMAYACTUALLYBEHAPPENING. I agree, it's very weird.

Hang in there!
Age 37
Pre-eclampsia and Stage IV HELLP, c-section at 25.6 weeks. RIP Felix (July 25-Sep 27 2011).
Expecting #2 in early March 2013. So far, so good!
gratiana

Postby Raposa » Thu Jan 10, 2013 05:29 pm

Back around 10 weeks, I was telling myself that if I made it to 37 weeks, I'd dance a jig. I was so worried! It seemed so far away then, and now it's so close.

I was such a slacker with my first. We ended up going with the pediatrician on call at the hospital for his doctor! She was very nice and good with breastfeeding, but I don't think luck like that will come around every time.
Raposa

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Fri Jan 11, 2013 05:05 pm

I was the same with no baby things in the house, no baby shower until after she is born and then comes home with us etc, at around 32 weeks I started a registry on line though, didn't go into any stores lol at 35 weeks I realized, woah Im 35 weeks, Im gonna need some stuff yikes so I told family and closest friends and they all got us things we would for sure need in the 1st few months. I even washed all clothes, blankets etc and put them away. This was all really big for me to do !! So I am officially 37 weeks today, I think I'll dance a jig just for you Raposa ;)
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

holly3372@msn.com

Postby Raposa » Sat Jan 12, 2013 03:44 pm

Well, pooh, I'm stuck in the hospital. Had a BAD migraine yesterday. Not just the normal migraine problems, but also felt physically and emotionally shaky. I was in tears, which is rare for me no matter how bad a migraine gets. Went in to L&D, and my blood pressure had spiked horribly.

24 hr urine was higher (824), so still good for me but worrisome as it's going up. Even with an increase of the new med (nifidepine), still getting some higher numbers (164/82 last measurement). They're keeping me here on strict bedrest. I can get up to use the bathroom and that's it. Baby's still breech, so they'll try a version on Monday. If he turns, we induce on Tuesday. If he doesn't, I get a c-section on Tuesday. Either way, I get a baby at 37 weeks.

They're going to run another 24 hr tomorrow just to keep an eye on things while I'm here.
Raposa

Postby sam10 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 04:21 pm

Ugh. No fun. But I am glad that you are in good hands. Will be thinking of you. Let us know how it goes as you are able.
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Sat Jan 12, 2013 09:17 pm

Oh damn I just read this. Ok I have to say I am glad you are being kept in the hospital ,they are taking your care seriously. Hang in there and keep us posted please. You are in my thoughts and prayers and I am sending good vibes your way. Hey, if you have your baby this tuesday the 15th our babies may share a birthday!! :)

holly3372@msn.com

Postby Raposa » Mon Jan 14, 2013 01:14 pm

Blood pressure is back down. I noticed yesterday that the lymph nodes on my neck were a bit swollen and my 2 year old is sick, so I'm willing to bet that was the straw that caused my blood pressure to go nuts. Still on strict bed rest. Baby is still breech. He flipped over so that his feet are on the other side last night, but his head is still up!

Dr is going to wait until he's officially 37 weeks tomorrow before trying to finish turning him, just in case something goes wrong and we have to rush to get him out. If nothing goes wrong, then she'll start induction Wednesday morning. She's off tomorrow evening, and wants to be here to catch him herself.

Mom-in-law is watching the toddler, and my mom will be up by Wed to help with both boys.
Raposa

Next

Return to Pregnant Again?