I'm pregnant again! Lovenox question...

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

I'm pregnant again! Lovenox question...

Postby whereowhere » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:14 pm

Hi all,
I am pregnant again...trying not to be too excited since I have never had a pregnancy go well yet. But it is hard not to be excited! Arghhhhh..... I had an ectopic, a miscarriage, and then lost my beautiful twins at 21 weeks in April to pre-e. My local doc thinks I should start Lovenox at 40 mg, and today is the first day of a missed period so I am very early. They think it could help possibly prevent a miscarriage as I have Factor II Mutation, copy of genes from both my parents. My perinatologist thought it could increase risk of bleeding if I miscarry or have ectopic. Anyone else know what is typically recommended, or have experience with this?
Ectopic Pregnancy-2010

Miscarriage-2011

Lost my beautiful boy & girl twins at 21 weeks to severe preeclampsia-2012
Mommy & Daddy will love you forever my sweet babies!

Pregnant again, due September 26, 2013. Praying for a pre-e free pregnancy.

Delivered a healthy baby girl at exactly 37 weeks, pre-e free! Had some hypertension post-partum but resolved with BP meds.

C-section planned for September 5, 2013 at exactly 37 weeks.
whereowhere

Re: I'm pregnant again! Lovenox question...

Postby afaiz » Mon Jan 21, 2013 05:17 pm

Hi whereowhere,

How are you? How is everything going? Congratulations on your pregnancy, crossing my fingers everything goes well for you. I developed hellp & preeclampsia at 24.5 weeks and developed immediately all my symptoms went undetected until my bp was so high I had a seizure. I am pregnant again as well 10 weeks and 5 days, and I'm on lovenox 40mg once daily and I have been for 5 weeks and a 3 days. I had an appt on Friday and she said everytging looked good and baby was growing perfect. Keeping my fingers crossed for it to continue being good. I tested negative for all the clotting disorders but am still on lovenox bc there might be something that they don't have a test for yet.

I have had no bleeding spotting or anything as of yet. Hope this helps!

Good luck
afaiz

Postby whereowhere » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:06 pm

Hi, thanks for yor reply. So far things are going well. I am only 4 weeks this week, I think I am getting close to 5 weeks. Still so early.... Congratulations to you too! So glad to hear things are going well for you. I'm sure it's nice to be close to the 12 week mark. I imagine after 12 weeks, if I make it that far I will relax a bit again until I get to the 18 week mark where I started with some symptoms that eventually turned to pre-e.

It's good you have had no bleeding or spotting yet. With my pre-e pregnancy, I had bleeding from a subchorionic hematoma early in my pregnancy which at the time my doc told me was normal, but now I wonder if it was related. Did you have any such early bleeding in your last pregnancy?

Also, are you on or are you also going to try low dose aspirin in your pregnancy? I'm planning to start that soon as I've heard it might help. Though it's lots of blood thinners to be on.
Ectopic Pregnancy-2010

Miscarriage-2011

Delivered a healthy baby girl at exactly 37 weeks, pre-e free! Had some hypertension post-partum but resolved with BP meds.

whereowhere

Postby cgoodi1 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 09:14 am

Congratulations on your positive test! It is so exciting to be pregnant even after traumatic events. I am currently pregnant for the second time after losing a baby at 21 weeks pregnant. I have been tested for clotting disorders and don't have any however whenever blood is taken from me it usually stops flowing or is very hard to get. I have been on low dose aspirin and heparin (similar to lovenox) as of 8 weeks and so far so good! I haven't had any pe signs so far so I'm hoping this works to get me as far as possible. I'll be 30 weeks tomorrow so I already made it much farther than last time :) Good luck to you and I am sure your doctors will do everything they can to help this pregnancy be different.
Stillbirth - 21 weeks gestation due to severe preeclampsia, HELLP and IUGR - 15/02/12
Baby girl Aria - Induced due to high blood pressure at 36 weeks + 2 days - 7lbs 3oz - 05/03/13
cgoodi1

Postby afaiz » Wed Jan 23, 2013 04:28 pm

Hi whereowhere,

In my first pregnancy I had no bleeding either so for me I'm guessing they are not related. I am taking baby asprin, vitamin D, pre-natal & 2 folic acid pills. I'm hoping it will help me get much further along I am also trying to take my bp 2 times a day to see and so far it has never gone above 100/79 ( 2 times) but stays around 95/65.

Good luck to you keep me posted on what your dr decides.... We can be pregnancy buddies hopefully all the way till the end :-)!!

Cgoodi- congrats on getting to 30 weeks I'm sure it's a wonderful feeling to be past your point of loss and at a great point for viability!! Hope you stay healthy for 10 more weeks and have an easy uneventful delivery
afaiz

Postby whereowhere » Wed Jan 30, 2013 08:40 pm

cgoodi1 wrote:Congratulations on your positive test! It is so exciting to be pregnant even after traumatic events. I am currently pregnant for the second time after losing a baby at 21 weeks pregnant. I have been tested for clotting disorders and don't have any however whenever blood is taken from me it usually stops flowing or is very hard to get. I have been on low dose aspirin and heparin (similar to lovenox) as of 8 weeks and so far so good! I haven't had any pe signs so far so I'm hoping this works to get me as far as possible. I'll be 30 weeks tomorrow so I already made it much farther than last time :) Good luck to you and I am sure your doctors will do everything they can to help this pregnancy be different.

Hi, sorry I am only getting back to you now. How are things going for you? That is so exciting that you made it to 30 weeks when you wrote to me. I am considering doing the heparin as opposed to the Lovenox that I am on. Do you have to take it twice daily? I was told by my MFM that it can be reversed if I had an emergency, maybe like where I had a lot of blood loss, that it's safe to be on.

That is such a word of hope to know someone else like you who lost a baby at 21 weeks so early like me is having a longer pregnancy in a subsequent pregnancy. According to my doctor, there are not a lot of women who have it that early and try again.
Ectopic Pregnancy-2010

Miscarriage-2011

whereowhere

Postby whereowhere » Wed Jan 30, 2013 08:49 pm

afaiz wrote:Hi whereowhere,

In my first pregnancy I had no bleeding either so for me I'm guessing they are not related. I am taking baby asprin, vitamin D, pre-natal & 2 folic acid pills. I'm hoping it will help me get much further along I am also trying to take my bp 2 times a day to see and so far it has never gone above 100/79 ( 2 times) but stays around 95/65.

Good luck to you keep me posted on what your dr decides.... We can be pregnancy buddies hopefully all the way till the end :-)!!

Cgoodi- congrats on getting to 30 weeks I'm sure it's a wonderful feeling to be past your point of loss and at a great point for viability!! Hope you stay healthy for 10 more weeks and have an easy uneventful delivery

Thanks for writing. How are things going for you in your pregnancy? I would love to be pregnancy buddies! Let me know how it's going..
Ectopic Pregnancy-2010

Miscarriage-2011

whereowhere

Return to Pregnant Again?