Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Proteinuria 815 + high BP at 32 weeks... delivering soon?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Re: Proteinuria 815 + high BP at 32 weeks... delivering soon

Postby GeorgiaGirl » Tue Jan 29, 2013 09:15 pm

by GeorgiaGirl (38 Posts), Tue Jan 29, 2013 09:15 pm

sam10 wrote:Please watch out for PE symptoms and report them to your care team if ypu experience any of them (nausea, headache, vision changes, upper right quadrant pain, significant rise in BP). PE can get worse after delivery. It did for me in my pregnancy with Matilda.

Thanks for the heads-up, and yep, my BP has been spiking and they still haven't discharged me from the hospital. Hoping I don't wind up with chronic hypertension this time... *sigh* Thanks again! (I need to update my signature but John was our 29-weeker who was born last February... our new baby is Ethan! :) )
Julia, age 40
six first-trimester miscarriages
expecting a miracle baby May 3, 2012
diagnosed with chronic hypertension at 22 weeks; high risk of PE (extremely low PAPP-A, bilateral uterine artery notching and other risk factors)
diagnosed with pre-eclampsia at 27w5d
delivered my miracle baby, John Jr. ("Jack") at 29w1d, 2 pounds 8 ounces of absolute perfection
GeorgiaGirl

Re: Proteinuria 815 + high BP at 32 weeks... delivering soon

Postby sam10 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 01:12 am

by sam10 (1441 Posts), Wed Jan 30, 2013 01:12 am

oh then, welcome Ethan :-)
Glad you are still in the hospital being monitored. I had quite the drama postpartum after being discharged, twice back at L&D before I was readmitted. Not fun with a late preterm baby being dragged around every other day.
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Ask the Experienced