Delivered at 27 weeks 6 days

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Delivered at 27 weeks 6 days

Postby Kksgirl » Sat Feb 02, 2013 07:05 am

Well, made it to the states and my Dr immediately had me sent to the hospital with high risk drs and level 3 nicu. After some scary labs, a 14 gm protein and reverse diastolic flow, there was no choice but to deliver yesterday. Kaelana was born 2 lb 1 oz, and so far is looking great. Thank you for all support and information. I'll post pics soon
Kksgirl

Re: Delivered at 27 weeks 6 days

Postby sam10 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 07:55 am

I am so glad you have made it and are receiving appropriate care.
Congratulations and welcome Kaelana! Will be thinking of both of you.
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby OskarsMummy » Sun Feb 03, 2013 06:13 am

Congratulations, wishing you much luck
OskarsMummy

Postby cc » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:48 am

Congratulations! Hope baby girl s doing well & you are recovering!
cc

Postby sam10 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:50 am

Thinking of you. How are you both doing?
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby Kksgirl » Thu Feb 07, 2013 02:42 am

Thanks all! Kaelana is doing amazing. She did have PDA found at 2 days old, but only needed to medicine treatments and it appears to have corrected itself. She is feeding every 3 hours through a tube, and is so fiesty and mean! She seems to recognize my hubby's voice better than mine, and responds really well while he is in the NICU. She has had no setbacks other than no feeding for 3 days with the PDA. She is so beautiful and strong...she is still considered critical but is surpassing milestones already. She holds our fingers and responds when we talk to her. her head scan will be on the 8th, so we are praying and optimistic that it will show little or no bleeding. We are prepared for a long road, but have been pleasantly surprised by her daily
Kksgirl

Postby MomTimesThree » Fri Feb 08, 2013 00:48 am

Yay! I hope her NICU stay continues to be as uneventful as possible!!

Lauren
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Postby Kksgirl » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:36 pm

I just wanted to update everyone on Kaelana. Her head scan was great. She is on very little oxygen. She only had the nose cannula, but now she has something that is in her nose only smaller. They have had it between 22-25%, so she is doing wonderfully. I can't think of what it is exactly but they said it just keeps her lungs from closing or something? It was a busy day and I don't remember too much. I do know that if she continues to do well with breathing, this is the last step before nothing! Heart still looks great. We've had issues getting the PICC in but it was finally done yesterday. Her veins are crappy like mine :( we are watching her belly button because it is a little irritated from the line she had in since birth but was taken out when the picc was put into place. We started kangaroo care yesterday. She was under the bililight (she rebounded from her last jaundice) so we only got an hour. We got to the hospital this morning and no more bililight! So we got to hold her 3 hours. I've been so optimistic and happy but since yesterday have been panicky. I want to be cautiously optimistic, but I'm realizing there is no in between fear and hope. I am filled with joy one minute. scared out of my mind the next. The doctor keeps reminding me there could be no major events, there could be one tomorrow. Tough for me, though I am thankful to finally have a good start to a NICU experience for a change. She was 29 weeks yesterday, and got her first pacifier. She has really been trying to suck so they finally gave her a pacifier when she kept sucking her thumb. She loves it! Always has her tongue out looking for it now! She recognizes our voices and tries to keep her eyes open to try and focus on us. Heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time! I hope and pray my experience continues down this path....it would be nice to not take 10 steps back and a couple forward like the last times.
Kksgirl

Postby trish » Tue Feb 12, 2013 08:28 pm

Thanks for the update! Glad she is doing sooo well!! :) Keep on hanging in there! (((HUGS)))
Trish: mama to my 3 PE Princesses:
Elizabeth 11/6/03 induced at 37 weeks for PE
Katie 4/13/05 induced at 38 weeks for PE
Allison 12/27/07 induced at 36 weeks for PE then PP PE & BP issues for over a year
trish
Forum Moderator

Postby bsherricca » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:39 am

what a difference access to good health care facilities makes ! my heart goes out to you congratulations you must be so happy
bsherricca

Next

Return to Pregnant Again?