Headache/fuzzy feeling with raised systolic?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Headache/fuzzy feeling with raised systolic?

Postby cc » Mon Mar 04, 2013 01:14 pm

Hi. I'm 36+ wks (!!!) with pregnancy #3. Had pre-e at 35 wks with previous 2 so I'm in uncharted territory here :) pressures have not gotten to 140/90 but are elevated. I've noticed though that I've been getting headaches & fuzzy head feelings & my systolic is usually 130+ then. It's been staying in the high 120s/130s (with some random lows) and the highest the bottom has gotten is 86. Do y'all think the raised systolic & headaches are related?

I have to admit that the waiting & not knowing is freaking me out even though I'm so thankful to still be healthy & mobile at this point!
cc

Re: Headache/fuzzy feeling with raised systolic?

Postby sam10 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 01:27 pm

First of all, congratulations for passing 35 weeks :-)
It is hard to say if the headache is related or not. There are potentially many reasons for headaches. I had continous sinus pressure the last couple of weeks before delivery and only claritin with tylenol would help. But as we all know, PE can be tricky, so I would call your doc/nurse and ask what they think.
When pregnant with Matilda I was so unsure of every twinge once I passed 26 weeks. But I think it is much better to be extra cautious and report all symptoms and worries to your care team. This helps them to be able to properly care for us PE ladies. Keeping my fingers crossed on your home stretch. You are almost there:-)
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Mon Mar 04, 2013 04:34 pm

I have never been so pregnant, so check with your doc. :)
Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies? Lectures from researchers?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy
caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby MomTimesThree » Mon Mar 04, 2013 04:57 pm

I agree, with the other ladies giving a call so your team knows can give peace of mind.

When I was much earlier on in pregnancy and my pressures started to raise above their previous normal (so 130s) I felt junk along with the raise.

Congrats on 36+ here's to a few weeks more!! :)

Lauren
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Return to Ask the Experienced