Questions confused help

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Questions confused help

Postby Htramel2003 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 08:57 pm

I have read many stories like my own on here and I still don't have answers. I had a perfect pregnancy up until 37 weeks. My Bp all of a sudden rose and was hospitalized, just in case they took my little girl by c section at 37 1/2 weeks. I came home 2 days later, but I really think that I should have been kept longer. My bp was still high even with meds and I still had a lot of swelling. The next night I was back in the ER. My Bp was extremely high, I couldn't breathe, and my heart was racing. I was in icu for 4 days, had chest X-rays, echo, and lost 40 lbs of fluid. My ob was out of town for thanksgiving so another doctor seen me he said that I shouldn't have any more kids. I lost it. I just can't understand why good people can't have kids while others can have 7 just for their welfare check. Anyway, no one told me what happened until I got a copy of my records and went over them my self. Severe preeclampsia, pulmonary edema, and chf was listed. So, when I was released I still had to see a cardio. Well, I had 2 echos and a stress test since and my heart is fine. No bp meds anymore either. I now see a high risk ob that is associated with a women's and children's hospital and he told me that If I get pregnant again I have less than a 5% chance that would happen again. Did I mention I'm only 28? I just don't understand how one doctor can tell me never have another and the other stated I will be fine. My daughter is now 2 and I would love to have another I'm just so scared. Anybody have any advice?
Htramel2003

Re: Questions confused help

Postby AmandaS » Sat Mar 16, 2013 03:08 am

I just wanted to tell you I am scared too. I have been told so many numbers as of chances....from 20 percent to 80 percent chance of it happening again. My docs that delivered me told me never to get pregnant again....Another gyno I saw told me it would probably 70-80 percent chance happen again and 30 percent chance of it even earlier and more severe and I should not do it as I would be putting my life at risk. Another obgyn told me 30 percent and my doc now (not an ob) thinks it wont happen again. And I;m going to see a peri next month and get yet another opinion. I think one thing is it is rare and many docs don't see a lot of it. We also don't know what causes it so they have a hard time saying who it will happen to again. There is no crystal ball so it is basically just a guess. Docs can be traumatized from a bad pregnancy as well and then say don't get pregnant again. I just wanted to let you know I understand and how completely frustrating it all is. I need someone to just tell me yes or no, and honestly no one is going to do that. Sigh. Big hugs to you.
I'm back! Formally [b]hhbeachgurl[/b] on here :)
Pregnant again after pre-e
Amanda-31
DH-41
DD-7 (BP rise 27 weeks, PE diagnosis at 29 weeks...delivered at 35 weeks...+4 reflexes, 3 beats clonus, severe cerebral edema.)
AmandaS

Re: Questions confused help

Postby Htramel2003 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 07:38 am

Thanks, my next appt is in July with my new ob. i think I'm going to ask if I should see a peri before conceiving again.
Htramel2003

Return to Ask the Experienced