Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Wanting to hear other stories

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Wanting to hear other stories

Postby intime0 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 07:53 pm

by intime0 (7 Posts), Mon Mar 18, 2013 07:53 pm

I've posted on here a few times. Not currently pregnant. Not even trying. Just know that I want to get pregnant in the future and my husband DOES NOT after last time.

I've had 4 children with my husband. The first with him was a completely normal and healthy pregnancy. Next was PE. Then a normal, healthy pregnancy. Then a 30 week Pre e delivery. Baby spent 3 1/2 weeks in NICU and it was horrible. But at least we had him. He's still tiny!

Anyway, obviously I am nervous to get pregnant again. And he is totally against it.

So I'm curious to hear other stories. I know pre e is more common in 1st pregnancies, which wasnt my case. And tends to get less severe in later pregnancies, which again, isnt my case. So are there others who have had weird things like this but did go on to have healthy pregnancies? I would just love to read some other stories.
intime0

Re: Wanting to hear other stories

Postby cindergretta » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:37 pm

by cindergretta (224 Posts), Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:37 pm

I had pre-e in m first and 3rd pregnancies. The pre-e in my 3rd was more severe. In my 5th, I had Class I HELLP Syndrome. So my point is, there are just some of us who defy conventional wisdom and go off in weird directions. <sigh> With my 6th, I was on bedrest in the hospital from week 34-36, when I was induced for uncontrollable blood pressure. This time, I was admitted at 27w5d. I am now 30w2d and so far my MFM is sticking with the plan to keep me here until delivery.

Probably not what you wanted to hear. But that is my story. I have chronic (hereditary) hypertension (since I was 21, not related to weight or diet) and I am 40, so I am sure those are factors in my being here, if that helps.

(And I already signed the paperwork for a tubal after delivery. It breaks my heart, but clearly, my body doesn't do pregnancy well and age isn't helping!)
cindergretta

Return to Ask the Experienced