12w tomorrow, and I like my OB!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

12w tomorrow, and I like my OB!

Postby kaxy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 04:09 pm

I just had my almost-12w appointment today and met my OB (just had an appointment with the nurse practitioner last time). All went well. She took me seriously, and said they'd take extra precautions with monitoring me and such, but I could still have a perfectly normal birth. Nice to hear she didn't want to schedule a c-section today ;).

I will have my 1-hour glucose test in 4 weeks. I borderline passed/failed that test with both of my prior pregnancies, so she'd like to get an early indication of that.

She also suggested I do the daily baby asprin, figuring it couldn't hurt. I didn't do it before, but why not, I guess?

I am nervous of course about how this is going to all play out, but I'm glad that I have a caregiver I'm comfortable with.
DS born Dec. 2008 at 38.5w gestation. Mild PE diagnosed 3 hours before he was born
DD born Dec. 2010 at 40w1d. BP was slightly elevated since 37w, and climbed while in labor (started on my own). Severe PE diagnosed hours after DD born.
DD born Sept. 2013 at 38w. Induced (and I had to fight for it!) due to high blood pressure. No protein, but had brisk reflexes and clonus after delivery. Doc gave me a mild preeclampsia diagnosis anyway and said I'm likely to be a chronic hypertensive later in life.
kaxy

Re: 12w tomorrow, and I like my OB!

Postby sam10 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 06:28 pm

Fantastic :D It is great to feel comfortable with your caregivers and so very important. Glad that all looks good so far.
Good luck with your glucose test and let us know when you have results.

Here is to 12 weeks :)
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Return to Pregnant Again?