underlying disorders testing

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here

underlying disorders testing

Postby rdaniels » Sat Apr 13, 2013 04:36 pm

Hi my name is Rachel, I am new to the website. Unfortunatley when I was 28 weeks pregnant I suffered from pree and hellp syndrome I had my baby girl Ra'Mya December 13th 2012 she lived for 3 weeks before passing due to necrotizing intercollitis. My question is what kind of doctor should I visit for underlying disorders testing I have recently moved from Kansas to Texas can anyone suggest a good doctor to visit?
rdaniels

Re: underlying disorders testing

Postby sam10 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 03:38 am

I am so very sorry you lost your precious baby. I, too lost my firstborn only a week after he was born. It is devastating.
I would recommend seeing a maternal fetal medicine specislist (MFM), also called high-risk OB or perinatologist. You can set up a consultation visit to go over your case of PE/HELLP and s/he will then help arrange for all underlying testing. Here is a website that has a list of docs in your area:
https://www.smfm.org/default.cfm . You can also check the website of your local hospital. It should list all doctors with that specialty.
Also, perhaps somebody from your area (hello all ladies from Texas) can share their recommendations via PM. No doc names are shared on this site for liability reasons.
Take good care and feel free to post with any questions. Sending you hugs and Thinking of you and your sweet little Ra'Mya.
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Return to HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders