preeclampsia @ 26 1/2 weeks

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

preeclampsia @ 26 1/2 weeks

Postby mnms214 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:00 am

My sister was in a 3 car accident yesterday, brought to the hospital and she and baby were fine from the accident but she was diagnosed with preeclampsia. I had this with my second child but i was diagnosed at 34 weeks, bed rest and blood pressure meds for 3 weeks then i was induced. I was just wondering if anyone was diagnosed this early and everything turned out okay? i'm just worried. Thanks in advanced for any and all input.
mnms214

Re: preeclampsia @ 26 1/2 weeks

Postby mnms214 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 06:47 am

Now she was just transferred her to a different hospital, because the one near me doesn't deliver babies before 30 weeks. I am stressing.
mnms214

Re: preeclampsia @ 26 1/2 weeks

Postby midwestmom » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:03 am

I am so sorry that this is happening to your sister.

I was diagnosed at 28.5 weeks and delivered at 29.5 weeks and my son (now 3.5 yrs old) and I are both healthy today.

Everyone's experience with preeclampsia is different, some people deliver many weeks after diagnosis while others deliver hours or days after diagnosis.

Even though the diagnosis this early is discouraging, it's good that she is going to a hospital that can care for her baby if she does deliver soon.

I'm sure she's already received this, but make sure your sister gets a course of steroids to help her baby's lungs develop in case she does deliver soon.

I wish I could help you more, please keep us posted, and if you have any questions about your sister's care, please post them here. I'll be thinking of you and your sister and hoping for the best, Lauren :-)
Lauren
Son born by emergency C-section due to severe preeclampsia in August 2009. Born 29wks2days weighing 3lbs, he is a healthy toddler now.
midwestmom

Return to Ask the Experienced