Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Second Pregancy at 34w4d

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Second Pregancy at 34w4d

Postby amallison » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:19 am

by amallison (20 Posts), Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:19 am

I had HELLP with my first and had to deliver under general at 33w5d. I have now made it to 34w4d with my second. Things have been very different with this pregnancy. I haven’t had low fluid and no g.d., baby is measuring in the 90th percentile. I also haven’t had any protein showing up, but my blood pressure is starting to creep up. It’s been averaging about 140/mid 80’s. I have been averaging around 115/mid to low 70’s up to this point.

Has anybody with past HELLP or Pre-e histories gone on to have a second pregnancy where bp's inched up, but did not experience pre-e or HELLP the second time?
amallison

Re: Second Pregancy at 34w4d

Postby sam10 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 08:36 pm

by sam10 (1436 Posts), Thu Apr 25, 2013 08:36 pm

Congratulation on making it this far without any signs of PE. Having said that, I would watch your BP closely and stay in close contact with your doctor. Your BP might just go up a bit, or you might end up with PE. In my pregnancy with Matilda, all was great until I hit 33 weeks, slight protein in my urine and some BP spikes, which then accumulated to elevated BP, and eventually it got to some high ranges at which point I was delivered. I did not develop HELLP though. So, I don't have the story you were looking for. But I am glad you are as far as you are and are aware what to look out for. Good luck and please let us know how it goes. Will be thinking of you.
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Return to Ask the Experienced