Post Reply FAQ Members Login

15 weeks with #3 just left OB with 123/92

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

15 weeks with #3 just left OB with 123/92

Postby Tscheeler » Tue May 07, 2013 11:16 am

Im scared. Beyond scared actually. This is my third child. 2 previous pre-e babies. I have had a headache for 2 days although it feels sinus. So i took my wrist at home BP cuff into the OB to learn how to use it right and their machine and my cuff read out 123/92 they aren't happy and im scared. This is way to soon for it to be like this. The OB is finishing up surgery and then will be back in the office and they will call me to come back in. Prayers please, I have so many scenarios for the next 4 months running through my head.
Tscheeler

Re: 15 weeks with #3 just left OB with 123/92

Postby sam10 » Tue May 07, 2013 11:42 am

At 15 weeks it is probably too early for PE. But BP can go up any time. Let's hope it can be managed with BP meds. I used to have this annoying sinus headache when pregnant with my second baby. What helped was a combo of tylenol plus claritin. Let us know how it goes.
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Re: 15 weeks with #3 just left OB with 123/92

Postby alviarin » Tue May 07, 2013 01:19 pm

Sorry you are dealing with this. I know for me when I'm sick due to a migraine or sinus infection it can raise my BP a little temporarily. However I am a chronic hypertensive now.

Usually in subsequent pregnancies if pre-e does occur it strikes later in gestation and/or less severely. Hang in there.
Hypothyroid mom to Connor and Claire
(severe pre-e at 38 weeks & "mild" pre-e at 37 weeks)
& baby Annabelle
(chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)
alviarin
Forum Moderator

Return to Ask the Experienced