Recovery with Internal Bleeding

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here

Recovery with Internal Bleeding

Postby mamato8 » Tue May 07, 2013 04:39 pm

A friend has a severe case of HELLP. She delivered her 24 week baby last Thursday when her blood pressure went out of control. She has not recovered well. Today we heard she had a deep blood clot in her groin, that her kidneys were not functioning well. Now she has been rushed to surgery with internal hemorrhaging. I know this is very, very serious. What does the research say on recovery from a case this bad?
mamato8

Re: Recovery with Internal Bleeding

Postby tree » Tue May 07, 2013 09:24 pm

I don't have a good answer for you, but I will be thinking of your friend. Please keep us posted on how she is doing. As you know, HELLP is very dangerous, but there are a few posters on the forum who have survived being this sick. It can happen. Thoughts and prayers to your friend.
Daughter born April 2009 at 35 weeks due to Class 1 HELLP
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby mamato8 » Wed May 08, 2013 09:22 am

Wonderful update. Right before surgery they did a CT scan and there was no longer any evidence of bleeding! She is still in serious shape though.
mamato8

Postby Lee2011 » Fri May 10, 2013 02:35 am

Hope her recovery continues to go smoothly - keeping her in my thoughts.
Mother to baby boy Lee born 12/3/2011 after emergency induction at 38weeks following diagnosis of severe atypical HELLP syndrome. Having come within hours of losing both our lives every smile is a celebration.
Baby sister Paige c-sectioned at 38 weeks with no signs of HELLP :)
Lee2011

Return to HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders