25 weeks

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

25 weeks

Postby sarahkm » Tue May 07, 2013 05:33 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm now 25.5 weeks and doing ok. I had my monthly ultrasound yesterday and the baby looks great. He measurements were completely average for his age (25 weeks, 3 days) and he was moving around quite well.
We just returned from a week long vacation in Oregon. We did a lot of walking so my ankles got pretty swollen but were back to normal after putting my feet up for a couple hours.
I'm working a temporary job, about 20 hours per week, which will last for at least 4 more weeks. It is testing my endurance, but the employer is aware that I'm high risk and need to be careful. The worst part of it is having to examine large dogs on the floor since they don't have any lift tables. I barely can get up.
I'm having to take pepcid once daily, usually at night, in order to sleep and be comfortable. It is getting more difficult to sleep. For some reason I wake up during the night to find that my upper back is pretty painful, around the middle of my rib cage, below my shoulder blades. It can hurt to breathe deeply. It usually goes away after some stretching, but today it has been kinda bad. I think the Tylenol is finally kicking in.
Does anybody have suggestions for pillow placement to help this portion of the back?

And it is now getting warmer here (in the 70s) and I am getting uncomfortable with that. My endurance is really being tested, especially with climbing stairs.

Sarah
Sarah (41)
Mother to Nathanael James born still 12/31/2006 at 38 weeks. Class I HELLP sydrome, placental abruption, acute kidney failure.
Miscarriage 12/2011
Expecting again-due date August 16, 2013 (Folic Acid, LDA, Prenatal vitamins, BP meds, Vitamin D, Slow release Iron)
Elias Nathanael born healthy 07/28/2013 at 37 weeks 2 days, 5#11oz. No signs of HELLP or preeclampsia! Tear noticed in placenta after delivery.
sarahkm

Re: 25 weeks

Postby alviarin » Wed May 08, 2013 08:10 pm

I'm glad to hear baby is doing well, but sorry to hear you haven't been sleeping well.

I found going to a chiropractor was a huge help with my pregnancy related aches and pains. They can also help with proper positioning/good ergonomics at sleep or at work. On the other hand my sister loved her maternity pillow.
Hypothyroid mom to Connor and Claire
(severe pre-e at 38 weeks & "mild" pre-e at 37 weeks)
& baby Annabelle
(chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)
alviarin
Forum Moderator

Return to Pregnant Again?