Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Mother's Day coming up and I'm feeling sad

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Mother's Day coming up and I'm feeling sad

Postby iralu1 » Fri May 10, 2013 10:11 am

My coworker sent out an early Happy Mother's Day to everyone. It made me feel sad because Mother's Day is a celebration of life and love, only we got to experience it for too short a time. I know my baby knew she was loved while she was here and the love I feel for her is strong and forever. She's just not here for me to share it with her and it feels like a piece of me is missing. I don't know if I'll ever feel "normal" again. I do my job at work but without the same care or enthusiasm as before. I'm getting by while other people are happy. It's a surreal feeling, like sleepwalking.
Mom to little angel Nia, born at 27 weeks on 3/17/13 due to severe PE, 1 lb 13 oz, 13 3/4 inches. Passed in NICU due to infection after 17 days. Loved and cherished forever.
Waiting to conceive again.
iralu1

Re: Mother's Day coming up and I'm feeling sad

Postby angieb » Sat May 11, 2013 07:31 am

I'm so sorry for your loss.

The early days and first year especially are so so hard, especially the holidays and stuff like Mother's day. I remember feeling like I would never be normal again. And it's true, in a sense, my normal is definitely much different then it was before we lost our daughter, and different compared to my friends who haven't lost a child, but I've grown eventually into a new normal, it's not ever the same as it was before our loss, but it's pretty darn comfortable and a lot more happy than I ever imagined was possible with a bit of bittersweetness mixed in.

Hang in there.
Me (29) DH (30)
#1-Olivia Caetlyn-9-28-09-9-28-09, 23+2 wks, emergency classic c-section, class I HELLP, IUGR
#2- Lucas Oliver (rainbow baby)- April 2011, 36+2 wks, HELLP and pre-e free! (lovenox and LDA pregnancy)
#3-Matthew, late October 2012...mostly normal, 37 wks, (lovenox and LDA again)
My blog: http://www.butterflies-and-rainbows.blogspot.com/
angieb

Postby kerisue » Sun May 12, 2013 03:10 pm

I'm so sorry that you aren't getting to hold Nia, today of all days.
Mama to Millie
born June 2010 @ 24 wks. gestation due to my severe PE and CHF
lived 25 days, loved and missed
kerisue
Forum Moderator

Postby iralu1 » Sun May 12, 2013 03:26 pm

Thank you Angie and KeriSue. We are going to visit Nia at the cemetery today. Today is hard but I'm still glad I was a mother even if for a short while. I think all the moms out there who have experienced loss probably feel the same. My life is forever changed having known and loved little Nia.
Mom to little angel Nia, born at 27 weeks on 3/17/13 due to severe PE, 1 lb 13 oz, 13 3/4 inches. Passed in NICU due to infection after 17 days. Loved and cherished forever.
Waiting to conceive again.
iralu1

Return to Grief and Loss