Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Developing PreE @ 32 weeks

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Developing PreE @ 32 weeks

Postby ToniaZ » Fri May 24, 2013 00:12 am

by ToniaZ (1 Posts), Fri May 24, 2013 00:12 am

My obstetrician told me yesterday that he believes I am developing preeclampsia and that I will not go to term, although he cannot say how far I will make it. This is based on:

* 30+6- 140/90, no protein in urine, bloods came back with liver function slightly less than ideal.
* 31.6- BP taken twice. 140/80 and 130/90. +1 protein in urine. Sent me for more bloods and a mid-stream urine test which I am still waiting for results from.

I have another appt at 32+4 as he has put me on weekly checkups. He has also said I need to stop working.

I'm just really confused as far as what to expect... Is it realistic to hope that I can make to at least 38 weeks? Most stories I've heard are within 2-5 weeks of people realizing there's a problem.

I know no one can give me exact answers, but I'm wondering if/when should I expect bed rest or being admitted to hospital or being induced etc?

Anyone been in a similar situation? Cheers!
ToniaZ

Re: Developing PreE @ 32 weeks

Postby sam10 » Fri May 24, 2013 11:15 am

by sam10 (1437 Posts), Fri May 24, 2013 11:15 am

Hello and welcome.

I am sorry you are looking at developing PE. As you already suspect nobody can tell for sure how long it will be till delivery. For some of us it took only hours before delivery was imminent, and some can limp along for weeks. For me it took both times 2 weeks from diagnosis to delivery.

I am glad your doctor is very careful and also wants you to stop working and is planning to see you more often.

Here is a list of symptoms. If you experience any of them, please immediately report to your doctor: https://www.preeclampsia.org/signs-and-symptoms

Also feeling just off can indicate something is going on, so please trust your gut feeling and report anything to your doctor and nurses.

If you have any more questions, let us know. We are here to help as much as we can.

Sending you hugs and hopefully many more weeks of pregnancy.
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Return to Ask the Experienced