Just an update

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Just an update

Postby whereowhere » Thu Jun 20, 2013 08:22 pm

I lost twins last year at 21 weeks, almost as early as you can have it. I was very ill with severe preeclampsia. They gave me a 60% chance of recurrence, so going into this pregnancy and before I was SO scared. Well today I am 26 weeks, and no signs of it yet. I can't believe I could be so sick so early, and yet here I am currently having what seems to be a normal pregnancy so far. I at least am starting to feel more hope now that my babe will make it even if she has to come early. At least I have hope now where before, going into labor at 21 weeks there was no hope. I see my MFM every week and take my blood pressure 3x a day. This gives me peace I am being monitored. I thank the Lord with every good blood pressure reading, no taking that for granted here!
Ectopic Pregnancy-2010

Miscarriage-2011

Lost my beautiful boy & girl twins at 21 weeks to severe preeclampsia-2012
Mommy & Daddy will love you forever my sweet babies!

Pregnant again, due September 26, 2013. Praying for a pre-e free pregnancy.

Delivered a healthy baby girl at exactly 37 weeks, pre-e free! Had some hypertension post-partum but resolved with BP meds.

C-section planned for September 5, 2013 at exactly 37 weeks.
whereowhere

Re: Just an update

Postby sam10 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 08:31 pm

Doesn't it feel great to be past the dreaded gestational week? Happy for you :D
Keep on trucking!
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Re: Just an update

Postby midwestmom » Thu Jun 20, 2013 08:32 pm

Congratulations on making it to 26 weeks!
Lauren
Son born by emergency C-section due to severe preeclampsia in August 2009. Born 29wks2days weighing 3lbs, he is a healthy toddler now.
midwestmom

Return to Pregnant Again?