Post Reply FAQ Members Login

is there a PE awareness day?

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

is there a PE awareness day?

Postby jgrumet » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:38 am

by jgrumet (520 Posts), Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:38 am

Or something like that? There should be.
jgrumet

Re : is there a PE awareness day?

Postby Dawn D » Tue Oct 20, 2009 02:15 pm

by Dawn D (504 Posts), Tue Oct 20, 2009 02:15 pm

Hi Jamie,

great question...
Here at PF, May is considered to be our Awareness Month, tying in to our National Walk-A-Thon efforts held around the time of Mother's Day each year. October is also a month of hightened public awarenss with our large-scale fundraiser, Saving Grace, being held that month.

That's not to say a specific national date is something that wouldn't be deemed in the future, as part of our more global plan.

Note, that already, some volunteers have organized official Awareness Days as part of a specific event/fundraiser. Earlier this year Governor Chet Culver signed a proclamation recognizing May as Preeclampsia Awareness Month in Iowa. A Preeclampsia Awareness Weekend was planned in Davenport, with "A Night a the Ballpark" where PF was recognized and funds were raised the entire game night. This was all organized through the efforts of volunteers John and Brenda Warner.
Others who've coordinated walks have had their city officials/Mayor proclaim a day of awareness in conjunction with a PF walk.

If you have interest in doing something locally, contact me or Eleni directly and we can help you by providing proclomation paperwork and letters from our office.

thanks for having interest!

Dawn D

Postby kara » Tue Oct 20, 2009 02:17 pm

by kara (6614 Posts), Tue Oct 20, 2009 02:17 pm

The month of May is Preeclampsia Awareness Month. Many of our walks are held in May and traditionally on Mothers Day Weekend. Several
Governors and Mayors have proclaimed it as such due to the wonderful petitioning of our walk coordonators and their teams. This could be done in other states. Email me if you're interested in it for
your state.
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby Dawn D » Tue Oct 20, 2009 02:34 pm

by Dawn D (504 Posts), Tue Oct 20, 2009 02:34 pm

I should have directed you to contact Kara too! :-)
Dawn D

Postby kara » Tue Oct 20, 2009 04:27 pm

by kara (6614 Posts), Tue Oct 20, 2009 04:27 pm

Dawn, I think we cross posted!! :-)
kara
Forum Moderator

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange