Post Reply FAQ Members Login

How to manage work stress during pregnancy

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

How to manage work stress during pregnancy

Postby iralu1 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 02:20 am

by iralu1 (14 Posts), Wed Jul 10, 2013 02:20 am

My bp is finally better and I'm on a low dose of Atenolol. My doc will probably discontinue it if bp is stable for a couple of months and give us the green light to TTC. What is really frustrating is my bp goes up when I'm working. I have a mentally challenging job and concentrating on my work makes my bp get up to 145/90. This can't happen when I'm pregnant and is very worrisome. When I'm not working my bp is great even without medication (105/67).

I can't quit my job since we need the income and I'm trying to adjust my duties so I don't feel rushed or stressed while working. My company just went through a massive layoff so I don't want to look like I'm slacking off either. Has anybody here ever had the same problem with bp being high while working? I wish I could just change jobs and do something that doesn't require a lot of my brain. I'm thinking I might have to go on disability for part of the pregnancy.

It's been almost 4 months post partum and my bp is finally normal but it's odd that my body is so sensitive to stress now. Just wondering if anyone has faced the same problem and how you were able to cope.

Thanks!
Mom to little angel Nia, born at 27 weeks on 3/17/13 due to severe PE, 1 lb 13 oz, 13 3/4 inches. Passed in NICU due to infection after 17 days. Loved and cherished forever.
Waiting to conceive again.
iralu1

Re: How to manage work stress during pregnancy

Postby bsherricca » Tue Jul 16, 2013 03:42 pm

by bsherricca (45 Posts), Tue Jul 16, 2013 03:42 pm

i had the same situation didnt want to go because my job although stressful paid well ...after months of ttc with no success i ended up changing jobs...ifelt it wouldnt be worth keeping the job because if i were to fall pregnant again i would have the stress of work to deal with in addition to all the other stuff that goes with being preg after pe ... ....now that i am out of the stressful work environment i feel more at ease about the ttc and pregnancy process ....peace of mind is everything
bsherricca

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia