Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Low dose aspirin - when do you stop?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Low dose aspirin - when do you stop?

Postby jollijojo » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:00 pm

by jollijojo (2 Posts), Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:00 pm

Hello,

I had PE in my 1st pregnancy (developed at 35 wks, delivered 36 wks). I am expecting my 2nd and so relieved and happy to be 36wks+4 already! Blood pressure been behaving itself this time and also almost no swelling! Been on low dose aspirin since about 14 wks. Hoping to go for an elective caesarean, seeing the consultant again next week to discuss dates. Just wondering when I should stop taking the aspirin if I'm having caesarean? Is it okay to take right up until birth - just wondering about the risk of bleeding?
Thanks!
jollijojo

Re: Low dose aspirin - when do you stop?

Postby MomTimesThree » Sat Jul 13, 2013 06:17 pm

by MomTimesThree (571 Posts), Sat Jul 13, 2013 06:17 pm

I think that's a great question for your OB. Please update when you can, I'm sure it will be great info for other expecting mamas.
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Return to Ask the Experienced