Post Reply FAQ Members Login

15 weeks...waiting on the shoe to drop??

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

15 weeks...waiting on the shoe to drop??

Postby BFRENCH » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:48 am

by BFRENCH (5 Posts), Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:48 am

Hello All...

I lost my son Gabe at 23 weeks back in Nov. This was the hardest thing I have ever been through in my life. Preeclampsia came on so strong and so fast. I went from perfect to Hellp syndrom in 1 week flat. It was a very scary ordeal...the drs werent sure if I was going to make it, but all I could think about was losing my baby.

Now... I am pregnant again. So excited about this baby, but dr says 70% chance of getting preeclampsia again. Anyone else finding yourself getting excited, but then try to reel yourself back in b/c you are no where near the safety zone? Our goal is to make it to 28 weeks, but it seems so far away. It is such a horrible feeling to love someone so much that you haven't met, but have no control over there well being. What are you ladies doing to get through.. pass the time so to speak? I have just been trying to live on my faith... praying that this time I get to keep my baby. Our nursery is still set up from last time... I don't think I can handle another heart break like that.
BFRENCH

Re: 15 weeks...waiting on the shoe to drop??

Postby whereowhere » Wed Jul 31, 2013 00:20 am

by whereowhere (56 Posts), Wed Jul 31, 2013 00:20 am

Hi,
Sorry I can't write more. I can only peck at my Kindle so it would take forever to write a decent response. I am now past the most worrisome time. I am almost 32 weeks. But I remember the time of pregnancy when I was always reminding myself that I could lose this one very likely. I had two early losses even before the stillbirth loss I had. Plus I am 40 years old, so everyday I had to remember my chances were low of a take home baby. They gave me the same risk-of 60-70% chance recurrence. I think what helped me a lot was was trying to enjoy each day I had being pregnant knowing it could be my last and just enjoying it for the "moment" which is all what we have anyway. I think too that what helped me a lot was seeing my therapist who I'd begun seeing when I lost my twins. I saw her weekly until I was 22 weeks or so. It helped immensely as I could voice my fears, cry, and voice my hopes, and have her listen to me. I am excited and hopeful for you. You (we) are one of the bravest women on the planet, I am not boasting to say it but it's true! Risking another heartbreak and our lives for the hope of a baby in the end.
Ectopic Pregnancy-2010

Miscarriage-2011

Lost my beautiful boy & girl twins at 21 weeks to severe preeclampsia-2012
Mommy & Daddy will love you forever my sweet babies!

Pregnant again, due September 26, 2013. Praying for a pre-e free pregnancy.

Delivered a healthy baby girl at exactly 37 weeks, pre-e free! Had some hypertension post-partum but resolved with BP meds.

C-section planned for September 5, 2013 at exactly 37 weeks.
whereowhere

Re: 15 weeks...waiting on the shoe to drop??

Postby princess purr » Wed Jul 31, 2013 07:21 pm

by princess purr (1092 Posts), Wed Jul 31, 2013 07:21 pm

Yes! I'm right there with you. I just hit 20 weeks and was quizzing my peri like he could give me some kind of magical answers and make it all okay. It is so scary. Everything looks great for me right now (good blood flow, blood pressure nice and low etc ect) but I'm sooooooo freaked out that just 5 short weeks from now was when I was admitted with PE with my daughter :shock: Hoping and praying that I make it to at least 32 weeks. My goal is 36, but 32 would be amazing. Good luck, and I hope we both have excellent out comes this time!
Val (34) & Carlos (32)
Married: April 29th 2011
Veronica Rosina, 11/25/2004-11/27/2004
Born at 26.5 weeks (1 lb 4oz, 14 inches) because of severe preeclampsia (doc says I was on my way to HELLP but not there yet)
Nicholas Robert, 11/22/2013 7 lb 7oz 19.5 inches, born at 36 weeks (due to previous classical c-section) PE FREE!!!!!!
princess purr

Return to Pregnant Again?