23 weeks and pre e on its way... second time around here

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Re: 23 weeks and pre e on its way... second time around here

Postby sam10 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 08:41 pm

Good thing you called. Fingers crossed. Will be thinking of you.
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby meekonserj » Wed Sep 04, 2013 09:19 am

Thanks again ladies! labs came back, and from what I can tell they look normal! OB is sending me in for an ultrasound to check out my gallbladder today. I have seen stories of women here who's doctors write off their pains as gallstones or something of the like, but it ends up being HELLP. I rest easier knowing he did all of the labs necessary to determine thats not the case with me. However I seriously doubt this gallstone thing. I tend to get a lot of pains that no doctor is able to pin point. I bet it has something to do with my major back surgery I had a year and a half ago. Who knows?! He did double my BP meds again, seeing as right now they are doing nothing. I have more hope today that I will make it a lot farther along than I was thinking I might even just yesterday. I started getting really depressed and thinking I'm a lost cause.
The other day my husband's cousin was over, and we were talking about my pregnancy. I didn't keep it a secret that I'm having bp problems again. Later that day I got a voicemail from her mom, saying something along the lines of "I better NEVER hear of anymore babies from you! Unless they are adopted!" That REALLY ticked me off. Maybe I shouldn't be pregnant again, but that is between myself, my husband, and my OB! I haven't called her back and really don't plan on it. But now it has me worried... I didn't really think about the fact that maybe my OB will suggest I don't get pregnant again. I wanted at least 3 or 4 kids. And to adopt on top of that. I do see others here that have gone on to have more pregnancies. Is it just up to the person, the doctor, or who??
Lauren, married to Nick
7/19/2011~Brielle Mae was born @ 37w5d (severe IUGR, PIH, mild pre eclampsia)
Aria Nicole- due on Christmas Day 2013
meekonserj

Postby meekonserj » Wed Sep 04, 2013 09:22 am

oh! And also, I found an old post of mine on here from when I was pregnant with DD. It was about nipedipine, and reading through the list of symptoms I had, and they are quite similar to what I was stating was going on in this thread. With the exception of the burning in my back of course.
Lauren, married to Nick
7/19/2011~Brielle Mae was born @ 37w5d (severe IUGR, PIH, mild pre eclampsia)
Aria Nicole- due on Christmas Day 2013
meekonserj

Postby MomTimesThree » Thu Sep 05, 2013 03:30 pm

Soooo glad you went in and that your concerns were taken seriously. Thankful your labs came back all good- yeah kinda no telling what kind of stress the pregnancy will put on the scar area from when you had your back surgery. Regardless always better safe than sorry!

I'm so sorry you got such an over reaching voicemail from family- talk about meddling in your business! Yeeeeesh.

Lauren
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Postby angieb » Sat Sep 07, 2013 08:34 pm

I would not hesitate to get another set of labs done if the pain persists. It really sounds a lot like how I described my pain. And in my case, I had the pain off and on for about 3 weeks- it would get better sometimes- before it was so bad that I ended up in the hospital. When they did my first set of labs shortly after admitting me, my bloodwork was almost normal with only my liver enzymes slightly elevated. (And this was after I had been up all night in extreme pain. I think I finally told DH we needed to go to the hospital around like 3 am, the pain started around 7 or 8 pm.) They did the bloodwork, sent me for an ultrasound, examined me, etc.. Then 6 hours later they redid my bloodwork and in that time my liver enzymes more than doubled and my platelets had dropped in half or something crazy. I actually didn't feel any worse as my labs got worse. Anyway, my point is, extreme debilitating pain, that is NOT normal (I have had 2 other fairly healthy pregnancies and never experienced the pain anywhere near what I experienced in the first pregnancy). One set of good labs really may not tell the full picture especially if the pain persists and there is not another good explanation for it.
Me (29) DH (30)
#1-Olivia Caetlyn-9-28-09-9-28-09, 23+2 wks, emergency classic c-section, class I HELLP, IUGR
#2- Lucas Oliver (rainbow baby)- April 2011, 36+2 wks, HELLP and pre-e free! (lovenox and LDA pregnancy)
#3-Matthew, late October 2012...mostly normal, 37 wks, (lovenox and LDA again)
My blog: http://www.butterflies-and-rainbows.blogspot.com/
angieb

Previous

Return to Ask the Experienced