update- NEW HERE, Questioning if I have early signs of PreE

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Re: update- NEW HERE, Questioning if I have early signs of P

Postby CourtEdVi » Thu Sep 05, 2013 04:28 pm

Well they didn't do any bloodwork only gave me Tylenol with codeine right before discharge. It did not help at all. I saw my ob Tuesdays and he recommended that i see my primary doctor about my headache. I saw him this morning and he sent me for a stat echocardiogram, labs and head mri. He should be calling me with the results soon. I am glad i saw him because he is always overly cautious. Last night i could hardly breath and its not much better now. My 2 year old has had me reading the same book over and over for the past 2 weeks and now after a few sentences i have to stop and catch my breath. I turned in another 24 hour today so we will see how much it has changed. I was only able to fill it to 1600ml. Usually it is filled to the top. My labs from last week were fine, but like my primary care doctor said those are in the past and aren't really relevant now. Fingers crossed i don't get a call to go back to the hospital tonight.
CourtEdVi

Postby sam10 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 07:15 pm

I am glad your primary care doctor is taking all of your symptoms so seriously. And as he said, last week's labs are not relevant other than being a point of reference.
That you can't breathe properly worries me, and your headache too.
If it does not get better, please call your doctor or the hospital. Thinking of you.
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby CourtEdVi » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:58 am

All my tests came back good, even my 24 hour last week was down to 220, but i only filled he container half full. Normally it is completely full. Does that affect the results? I did dip +1 again at the office. My breathing is better, but my headaches are still there all the time. The doctor thinks its allergies, businus headaches go away so i don't buy it. Also, my face is now swollen all the time. I feel like my face swelling maybe causing the headache. My bp has been better, but still liable. My last 2 doctor aptsmy bp was in the upper 120s/70s so my doc now doesn't seems as concerned which is frustrating. At my primary care doctor it was 138/80, so i am not convinced that i am out of the woods. But every week at this point is a blessing. I made it to 32 weeks and am closing in on 33 weeks. I am trying to stay positive even though i am staring to feel like a hypercondriac.
CourtEdVi

Postby sam10 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 07:45 pm

Ugh, that is very frustrating. But I would like to mention that labs can change quickly and in a matter of hours. So if there were fine last week, they could be worsening as we speak. This means, please keep pushing to be seen/tested. Your facial swelling sounds very worrisome to me.
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Ask the Experienced