Up 3 lbs. in 6 days...?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Up 3 lbs. in 6 days...?

Postby kaxy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 04:15 pm

I'm 35w5d. At my check-up today, it showed that I was up 3 lbs. since my appointment from last Thursday. All total, I'm up about 30 lbs.

Today I saw the nurse practitioner since my OB wasn't available. The NP said she wasn't concerned about the weight since I'm not swelling. I am unsure of my urine protein status, but I do know my BP was acceptable at 122/70s.

I couldn't remember the Preeclampsia Foundation weight gain thing while I was in the office, so I didn't push for anything. But now that I see 2 lbs. in a week can be a red flag.

My next appointment is the 17th. Should I leave a message for the OB to ask her about the weight gain? What would even be done? I'm not having other pre-e symptoms.
DS born Dec. 2008 at 38.5w gestation. Mild PE diagnosed 3 hours before he was born
DD born Dec. 2010 at 40w1d. BP was slightly elevated since 37w, and climbed while in labor (started on my own). Severe PE diagnosed hours after DD born.
DD born Sept. 2013 at 38w. Induced (and I had to fight for it!) due to high blood pressure. No protein, but had brisk reflexes and clonus after delivery. Doc gave me a mild preeclampsia diagnosis anyway and said I'm likely to be a chronic hypertensive later in life.
kaxy

Re: Up 3 lbs. in 6 days...?

Postby sam10 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 04:59 pm

Just a quick reply, as I am doing errands. I'd say if you feel you want to be seen, ask your doc for it. If nothing else, you will have ease of mind. Thinking of you.
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby kaxy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 08:04 pm

I'm going to call in the morning just to ease my mind, I think. I was looking at my records from my 2nd child, and it looks like I had bigger weight-gaining weeks toward the end. Could be just how I do it, and hopefully it has nothing to do with pre-e!
DS born Dec. 2008 at 38.5w gestation. Mild PE diagnosed 3 hours before he was born
DD born Dec. 2010 at 40w1d. BP was slightly elevated since 37w, and climbed while in labor (started on my own). Severe PE diagnosed hours after DD born.
DD born Sept. 2013 at 38w. Induced (and I had to fight for it!) due to high blood pressure. No protein, but had brisk reflexes and clonus after delivery. Doc gave me a mild preeclampsia diagnosis anyway and said I'm likely to be a chronic hypertensive later in life.
kaxy

Postby sam10 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 08:44 pm

Sounds like a good plan. Let us know what the doc has to say
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby kaxy » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:08 am

My gut that something wasn't right turned out to be accurate. Last night at home, my bp was going nuts. Had some 148/103 and called, and they had me go to l and d for monitoring. Blood labs were good and no dipstick protein. BP was still up but a bit erratic. They sent me home, and now I'm in the ob waiting room to be seen today. Would love to be pregnant at least one more week!

I wonder if this stuff happened with my other kids, but I didn't know since I didn't have a cuff at home.
kaxy

Return to Ask the Experienced