Ttc after HELLp

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Ttc after HELLp

Postby Smashley » Thu Sep 12, 2013 08:55 pm

Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed with HELLP when I was 37 weeks pregnant and now now thinking about having another kid. I'm trying to book an appointment with the OB to talk about the chances of me having complications again and how closely I should be monitored when I do get pregnant.

So my question is.. Are there any questions that you think I should ask at this appointment that would help me get more info and are there any tests I should ask for.

When I walk away from this appointment I hope to have a better understanding of my risks of future complications, anything I can to help prevent or control a figure diagnose and I would like to rule out any medical conditions that may have caused or have been related to all my complications.

Thanks!
Smashley

Re: Ttc after HELLp

Postby sam10 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 06:59 pm

Hello and welcome.

It is definitely a good idea to go prepared to your doctor's visit. I found an old thread on this topic with all the questions I asked.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=42134&p=335422&sid=0e8ed1632c5aab30f4a6bae10ec6538b#p335422

Let us know how it goes and good luck with your visit.
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Return to Ask the Experienced