Can anyone point me to standard protocol for expectant mgmt

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Re: Can anyone point me to standard protocol for expectant m

Postby ebonymama » Mon Sep 16, 2013 02:08 pm

hello ladies,

thank u kaxy for updating.....

thank u sam for the great info as well...

i think any time soon u will delivering kaxy...so jus hang in there for a few more days...

amma stalk to c how things move along for u....
ebonymama

Postby sam10 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 09:29 am

How are you today?

The way I understand it is that there is a big push (in support of the HYPITAT study) to deliver at 37 weeks with even mild hypertension, as it seems the benefits outweigh the risks.
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby kaxy » Wed Sep 18, 2013 02:59 pm

Thanks for asking! I'm ok. My BP at home has been acceptable, with an occasional high diastolic (90-95). I wait 10-15 minutes to check again and it goes down, otherwise I'd call. I'm still adjusting to the meds I think, as I feel pretty wiped out.

Will have my NST and ultrasound and appointment tomorrow and will be sure to discuss HYPITAT. Between that, my history and general anxiety about staying pregnant I just don't wanna do it. Ideally I'll go into labor Friday morning anyway :). I just hope my baby is ready!
DS born Dec. 2008 at 38.5w gestation. Mild PE diagnosed 3 hours before he was born
DD born Dec. 2010 at 40w1d. BP was slightly elevated since 37w, and climbed while in labor (started on my own). Severe PE diagnosed hours after DD born.
DD born Sept. 2013 at 38w. Induced (and I had to fight for it!) due to high blood pressure. No protein, but had brisk reflexes and clonus after delivery. Doc gave me a mild preeclampsia diagnosis anyway and said I'm likely to be a chronic hypertensive later in life.
kaxy

Previous

Return to Pregnant Again?