Post Reply FAQ Members Login

how do you cope with the anxiety ? suggestions anyone

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

how do you cope with the anxiety ? suggestions anyone

Postby bsherricca » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:47 am

by bsherricca (45 Posts), Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:47 am

im 14w 3d and beginning to get anxious ...had full blown panic attack last night and could hardly sleep .... i know it will get worse as my pregnancy advances ...i keep dreading the end of the second trimester as i dont know if i will have a repeat of PE .... so far BP is normal trace protein but all is going well and yet ever since i hit the 13w mark i feel full on panic .....how have you guys been able to cope with the anxiety ?
bsherricca

Re: how do you cope with the anxiety ? suggestions anyone

Postby princess purr » Tue Oct 08, 2013 02:39 am

by princess purr (1092 Posts), Tue Oct 08, 2013 02:39 am

I take my blood pressure daily, do urine tests at home, check my feet and hands for swelling (way to often)... see an obgyn every two weeks and a peri once a month... do a lot or praying even though I'm not a religious type.... I'm taking everything one day at a time. From week 24ish to 28 weeks I was a crying wreck. I get really nervous right before doctor appointments, and when I'm taking my blood pressure. Preeclampsia is scary, all you can do is make sure you have good supportive doctors, and maybe try counseling.
Val (34) & Carlos (32)
Married: April 29th 2011
Veronica Rosina, 11/25/2004-11/27/2004
Born at 26.5 weeks (1 lb 4oz, 14 inches) because of severe preeclampsia (doc says I was on my way to HELLP but not there yet)
Nicholas Robert, 11/22/2013 7 lb 7oz 19.5 inches, born at 36 weeks (due to previous classical c-section) PE FREE!!!!!!
princess purr

Re: how do you cope with the anxiety ? suggestions anyone

Postby ltke » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:36 am

by ltke (2 Posts), Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:36 am

I am wondering the exact same thing. I am just about 15 weeks pregnant and I am beginning to get nervous about developing preeclampsia again. I know it's not good for me or the baby to stress, but I can't help it. I am so glad I found this forum, where so many women understand my fears. My husband has been very encouraging and is even suggesting I look for a local support group. I have found talking about my experiences with my 1st pregnancy and concerns about my second have been helpful... even though my listeners don't really "get it." I too am taking my BP daily at home and doing everything "right".... seeing the doctor, taking prenatals, eating right, and exercising. Wishing you all the best!
ltke

Return to Pregnant Again?