Post Reply FAQ Members Login

New Member Intro

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

New Member Intro

Postby Lexhorton » Sun Sep 15, 2013 08:52 pm

by Lexhorton (1 Posts), Sun Sep 15, 2013 08:52 pm

I am new to this. I was diagnosed with mild pre e at 32 weeks and put on bed rest. I was induced at 37 and had a beautiful healthy 6lbs baby girl. She is now 10 months and I am 17 weeks! (a bit of a surprise) I am excited for this pregnancy but scared to death at the same time. I had a miscarriage at 12 weeks prior to having my daughter. I have been so anxious about developing pre e. I think I am borderline obsessed. What are the odds of having it again.
Lexhorton

Re: New Member Intro

Postby ltke » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:33 am

by ltke (2 Posts), Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:33 am

I am in the same boat. I had my daughter Lucy on July 11, 2012. We concieved that month... surprise! Lucy is 15 months now and I am terrified to the point of tears some days of developing preeclampsia again.

My OB said just because I had pree in my first pregnancy does not mean that I will have in a subsequent. I am just praying hard to a healthy pregnancy and baby.

Hugs to you, I know exactly how you feel.
ltke

Re: New Member Intro

Postby alviarin » Tue Oct 15, 2013 05:05 pm

by alviarin (1651 Posts), Tue Oct 15, 2013 05:05 pm

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Here are some general odds for the risk of getting pre-e again: http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewt ... f=19&t=331.
If preeclampsia does strike again, it tends to be less severe or later in gestation.

And please don't let my sig scare you, I probably have higher than normal odds since my dad and husband were both pre-e babies. Many of our members have gone on to have healthy second pregnancies.

I hope this helps, good luck!
Hypothyroid mom to Connor and Claire
(severe pre-e at 38 weeks & "mild" pre-e at 37 weeks)
& baby Annabelle
(chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)
alviarin
Forum Moderator

Return to Ask the Experienced