Another one on the way!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Re: Another one on the way!

Postby ashleyhae » Mon Nov 11, 2013 08:37 pm

Yeah, I had an appointment at 6 weeks and got to see baby and heartbeat. I have another appointment this Thursday for another ultrasound. So excited and nervous, I always sigh with relief after an appointment and then my nerves build back up before the next.
Ashley
Mommy to Malia born March 15, 2013 at 29 weeks due to severe preeclampsia.
She spent 2 precious days with us that we will forever cherish.
Baby #2 due 6/16/14
ashleyhae

Postby midwestmom » Thu Nov 21, 2013 04:44 pm

Sadly enough, I went for my 8 week ultrasound today and it turns-out I have a blighted ovum, which means no baby. Now I have to wait for my body to process the miscarriage - oh joy - and just in time for Thanksgiving at my in-laws...
I had a feeling a week ago that something was off with some cramping and spotting, but had to wait for the definitive u/s. I'm 38 and want to get back to trying again, I really hope that I can have another child! But until then, I wait...
Lauren
Son born by emergency C-section due to severe preeclampsia in August 2009. Born 29wks2days weighing 3lbs, he is a healthy toddler now.
midwestmom

Postby alviarin » Thu Nov 21, 2013 08:39 pm

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear.

I hope you are able to have have a restful holiday.
Hypothyroid mom to Connor and Claire
(severe pre-e at 38 weeks & "mild" pre-e at 37 weeks)
& baby Annabelle
(chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)
alviarin
Forum Moderator

Postby MomTimesThree » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Oh Lauren, I'm so very sorry. I will be keeping your family in my thoughts.
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Postby sam10 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:12 pm

I am so sorry you are experiencing this. I went through this twice myself. Give yourself some time (whatever time your doc mentions), so your body can heal and be ready for another try. Will you have a D&C? I needed one both times to prevent infection.
Sending you hugs.
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby midwestmom » Fri Nov 22, 2013 08:38 am

Thank you all so much.
I suspected a problem over a week ago with some cramping and spotting and loss of symptoms. I thought I had mentally prepared myself for the disappointment at the exam, and told my husband too to be ready for a bad outcome. And yet after the exam yesterday I was a total mess!
The MFM wants me to try to pass it naturally and is going to follow-up with me in 2 weeks to see how things are going. He didn't want to do a d&c right awat. Julija, how far along were you in the pregnancy when you got the d&c's? Did you wait at all to pass it naturally?
I do want to take time to recover, yet all along in my mind my 39th birthday is looming over me in March and I am anxious to try again.
Thanks again for the support, everyone.
Lauren
Son born by emergency C-section due to severe preeclampsia in August 2009. Born 29wks2days weighing 3lbs, he is a healthy toddler now.
midwestmom

Previous

Return to Pregnant Again?