bloody noses and insomnia

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Re: bloody noses and insomnia

Postby alviarin » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:04 pm

Well the signs and symptoms page says "more than 2 pounds in a week" http://www.preeclampsia.org/health-info ... d-symptoms

For me personally though, I can fluctuate a pound or two, especially if I eat a lot of salt (salt sensitive hypertensive here).

Though when I gained more than 5 pounds in a day, for me personally that was a sign of preeclampsia.

Just a thought, but is there any way you could go in to your docs and get a pressure check and protein dip to maybe help put your mind at ease? During my second pregnancy I was super paranoid (I mean hyper vigilant!) so my OB would let me come in whenever I wanted to get a urine dip and BP check. Probably since I only had to see the medical assistant for that!

I hope this helps, good luck!
Hypothyroid mom to Connor and Claire
(severe pre-e at 38 weeks & "mild" pre-e at 37 weeks)
& baby Annabelle
(chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)
alviarin
Forum Moderator

Postby MomTimesThree » Wed Dec 18, 2013 02:29 pm

Just wondering how you're doing.

Update when you're able.
Lauren
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Postby jean » Sat Dec 21, 2013 03:19 pm

Things seem ok (?) My weight appeared to go back down again (messed up scale maybe?) and my bp is still good..so I'm plugging along. :)
Our first son was born and passed in Feb of 2010. Born at 29 weeks due to HELLP and passed due to NEC. We miss him every day. :~(

Our second son was born at 39 weeks gestation in Nov of 2011. No HELLP or pre-e! Took LDA starting at week 12 and went off of it at week 38!

http://findingtherainbowconnection.blogspot.com/
jean

Postby alviarin » Sat Dec 21, 2013 03:24 pm

Glad to hear you are doing ok, thanks for the update!
Hypothyroid mom to Connor and Claire
(severe pre-e at 38 weeks & "mild" pre-e at 37 weeks)
& baby Annabelle
(chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)
alviarin
Forum Moderator

Postby mnickerson » Sun Mar 02, 2014 00:00 am

When I was in the hospital with HELLP, I had a lot of bleeding from my nose. Have you had a platelet count done? Stuffy noses are very common in pregnancies...not sure about bloody noses, though.
mnickerson

Previous

Return to Pregnant Again?