HELLP (or pre-e) and subsequent miscarriage

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

HELLP (or pre-e) and subsequent miscarriage

Postby Mari2013 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 02:45 pm

Hi everyone! I posted a few months ago about TTC after HELLP, which I had and caused me to deliver my daughter at 29 weeks. We consulted with a MFM and decided to try again, adding Lovenox and low dose aspirin. I did get pregnant and unfortunately lost that baby around 15 weeks, discovered at 18.

My OB thinks the miscarriage was due to an immune reaction against the placenta, similar to what started HELLP. She said the response is getting more sensitive and earlier each pregnancy. So she would not recommend a 3rd pregnancy because I could get even more sick or get HELLP or pre-e earlier than 29 weeks.

I am just curious if anyone else had a similar experience or advice with a pregnancy after HELLP or pre-eclampsia? Have you read anything like this anywhere?
Mom to one amazing toddler girl, delivered at 28 weeks due to severe HELLP.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”