Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Im so scared!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Im so scared!

Postby pippasfantastic » Sat Jan 25, 2014 07:43 pm

by pippasfantastic (3 Posts), Sat Jan 25, 2014 07:43 pm

Im pregnant again after losing by little boy in early oct 2013 at 6 days old after an emergency c section due to severe pre e. My ob/gyn suggested we try again straight away, i waited for the new year and have got pregnant in the first cycle. Im really happy but petrified history will repeat itself. I felt okay about it until my mum spoke her concerns to my partner about how scared she is itl happen again and i think its now hit me it might. My little boy was my first and to think i may lose another is unbearable.. Im on baby aspirin, fibregel, max strength prenatal vits and fish oils due to my vegie diet. Is there anything else you have done to try and prevent it? Im unsure about exercise or taking it easy to keep blood pressure down? And how have you coped with the worry and stress? X
pippasfantastic

Re: Im so scared!

Postby sam10 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 09:06 pm

by sam10 (1436 Posts), Sat Jan 25, 2014 09:06 pm

Welcome to the forums. I am sorry you lost your firstborn. I lost my soon too and it was the most heartbreaking and hardest to ever endure. It is only natural that you are scared. All of us, who experienced PE/HELLP are worried, scared, panicked in a subsequent pregnancy. There is unfortunately nothing one can do to prevent it. No diet or exercise regimen will influence whether or not you will have PE again. However, many women do not have PE in a subsequent pregnancy or if they do, it often sets in later and milder. But to give yourself some sense of control, you want to be certain to have a doctor and medical team whom you can trust and who are experienced in PE/HELLP, so they can monitor you closely and provide proper care. Also, you might want to invest in a BP cuff and record you BP at home (but don't go crazy with that machine). You will then know when to call your doctor and when you need to be seen. Your doctor should let you know under which circumstances you should be seen.
Also, familiarize yourself with the signs and symptoms and be your own best advocate. http://www.preeclampsia.org/signs-and-symptoms
Fingers crossed for a long and boring pregnancy.
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby sam10 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 09:07 pm

by sam10 (1436 Posts), Sat Jan 25, 2014 09:07 pm

forgot to add, we are always here to listen and hear about your pregnancy. :D
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby pippasfantastic » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:47 am

by pippasfantastic (3 Posts), Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:47 am

Thank you for your reply. Im sorry for your loss. Ive got a blood presure cuff and urine strips so will keep an eye at home.. Il also try and speak to my midwife And discuss how im going to be monitored. Lovely to have this forum of people who have been through the same thing and understand xxx
pippasfantastic

Return to Pregnant Again?