Post Reply FAQ Members Login

savage return of pe

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

savage return of pe

Postby bsherricca » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:36 pm

by bsherricca (45 Posts), Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:36 pm

i havent gotten a chance to update but yes the wretch PE made a savage return and i am literally jst out of hospital having had an emergency csection at 30w due to PE. Thankfully i delivered baby safia who is now in the NICu trudging along ....a tiny thing 2lbs but breating mostly on her own with cpap assistance .

today however i had a disturbing discssion with the pediatric team and i guess i didnt know where elese to go for guidance or shared experience. they have said her platelettes are dropping and this may be a sign of infection ...i however remember having similar issue during 2 week stint in hospital and had in my non medical mind associated it with the fact that they had to weane me off clexane injections and daqily aspirin therapy(similar to heparin but remains in your system longer ).... i guess my question is since i was asked to do injections in my stomach the entire pregnancy could the platelette/ clotting issue they are picking up with baby be associated with crossing of the clexane in the placenta or alternatively a reflkection of the platelette issue i had uup to delivery ? .....anybody ....im desperate here this is my last attempt at trying for a baby i cant put another child through this ....i am just hoping ....please any experience gidance would bring a esperate mother some answers .....
bsherricca

Re: savage return of pe

Postby sam10 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 09:37 am

by sam10 (1437 Posts), Sun Jan 26, 2014 09:37 am

I am so sorry that PE cut short your pregnancy :-( I don't have answers to your questions re dropping platelets, but I am sure somebody will chime in soon. How is your sweet baby doing? And how are you doing? Sending you hugs.
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Re: savage return of pe

Postby ebonymama » Wed Jan 29, 2014 08:01 am

by ebonymama (24 Posts), Wed Jan 29, 2014 08:01 am

hello,

i don't have any advice for your current situation but i jus wanted to send a lil positive vibes and congrats on the birth of your baby despite the situation...ya know....

cherish every moment with precious one ....

i will keep u in my prayers...
hope u come back to let us know how things progress..

hugz..
ebonymama

Return to Pregnant Again?