Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Early in 2nd Preg after HELLP and over 40

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here

Early in 2nd Preg after HELLP and over 40

Postby ejparp06 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 01:30 pm

Hello, all!

I am 41, and 12 weeks into my 2nd pregnancy. My son was delivered via emergency c-section at 28 weeks due to Class I HELLP. He turned 6 earlier this month.

I live in a rural area, the high risk OB visits once a week so I will be followed by both a local OB and the high risk. I had an initial meeting with the high risk doctor two weeks ago. I have a potential antibody issue due to the blood transfusion I received following my son's delivery, the history of HELLP and my age.

I have no underlying conditions and my pre-pregnancy BP was 116/74. The high risk doctor recommended the baby aspirin, which I started immediately.

My next appointment with the high risk doctor is Feb. 7. Looking for any advice as I prepare for the meeting. Are there specific questions I should be asking, tests or monitoring I should insist on?

Thanks!
Amy
ejparp06

Re: Early in 2nd Preg after HELLP and over 40

Postby Mari2013 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 06:41 pm

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Were you tested for clotting disorders?
Mom to one amazing toddler girl, delivered at 28 weeks due to severe HELLP.
Mari2013

Re: Early in 2nd Preg after HELLP and over 40

Postby ejparp06 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 02:04 pm

I did some follow up testing with a hematologist after my son was born. All was normal, no clotting disorders.

Amy
ejparp06

Return to HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders