Surprise! Baby #2

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Surprise! Baby #2

Postby MP » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:49 pm

We weren't trying or anything, in fact i was in denial for about a week over the symptoms. I'm scared. The only symptoms I had were swelling and the very last couple days proteins in the urine, then straight into Eclampsia at 27w 5days. We both died and came back. New doctor is fairly certain that I will have it again, and I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to avoid this? I've read bed rest, no EXERCISE. Less salt, doesn't matter. Any tips?
MP

Re: Surprise! Baby #2

Postby MomTimesThree » Sun Feb 02, 2014 02:35 am

Congrats! What a scary first pregnancy you had!! If you haven't already I would consult with a Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) doc who specializes in high risk patients and will know any and all underlying issues to test for as well as chart a course of monitoring that is right for you and your unique situation.

Keep posted as you're able! Wishing you a healthy pregnancy!
Lauren
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Return to Pregnant Again?