8 weeks pregnant... scared out of my mind

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

8 weeks pregnant... scared out of my mind

Postby jen_moore1201 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 06:35 am

I still can't believe I am pregnant again. Its been 5 years since my first pregnancy that ended at 25 weeks with severe preeclampsia and an emergency c-section. My son lived 2 weeks before passing away in the NICU. I am 8 weeks along now and so far, everything is okay. I think I have been to the doc 6 or 7 times already. I have an MFM and a High Risk OB. Both are extremely supportive and determined to get me farther along. I have started a baby aspirin regimen along with high doses of Omega-3 at the advice of my MFM. Has anyone else done this or is anyone else doing this now? My first pregnancy was full of nonstop morning sickness, everyday, all day long from 6 weeks to 19 weeks. So far, I haven't experienced it. I am hoping it stays away. My anxiety is killing me though... I know we are planning on doing the First Trimester Screening which involves lots of tests and ultrasound screens on the placenta to check for preeclampsia markers. Has anyone ever done these tests and found out anything regarding pre-e? I am just hoping and praying every single day that this experience is different. Its been a long road to get here and I hope to frequent this board when I need some reassurance or support.

-Jennifer
Mommy to Garrett, born 01/04/09, passed 01/17/09
Severe Preeclampsia at 24 weeks, 4 days - delivered 25 weeks, 5 days
jen_moore1201

Re: 8 weeks pregnant... scared out of my mind

Postby aundapenner » Thu Mar 06, 2014 07:07 am

First off, congratulations! How exciting to be pregnant!! and how scary.

Nothing I can say will help relieve your fears - you have lived the nightmare.

But, I can tell you things I did to help me come to terms, especially the second time around.

I had a plan.

A plan for nearly everything.

From the beginning, I saw my regular OB and MFM interchangeably ... i.e. OB one week, the MFM two weeks later, the OB two weeks later, the MFM two weeks later ... until things went awry.

But I had a plan - I had childcare set up for my son. I had friends on call ALL the time to remind me I had a plan (which, surprisingly, I needed to be reminded of quite a few times!).

We now live by my inlaws - so I had a plan for them to help out too.

I just tried to control the things I could because as we all know, PE pregnancies are each unique and there are very little (well, really almost none) things we can take control over.

So I recommend, make plans. Make plans for every thing that you can and celebrate the milestones. I was thrilled when I hit the 14-week mark. Then it was 20 weeks, then problems happened around the 27 week mark, where I was hospitalized (alone and in a foreign country) then finally made it to full-term.

(((hugs))) and know we are all here to cheer you on and give you shoulders to lean/cry on.
Alice - survivor of PE twice and mama to Heinrich (Henry), May 2006, born at 34+2 at 4lbs 5 oz and Sofia, February 2009, born at 37+1 at 6lbs 5oz.

Very thankful for the PF - who I found after Henry was dealing with preemie issues.
aundapenner

Re: 8 weeks pregnant... scared out of my mind

Postby jen_moore1201 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 08:53 am

Thank you so much for replying! I will be 12 weeks tomorrow and while I am still worrying all the time, everyday I feel a little bit better about this. We have a good plan and I am seeing my OB every 2 weeks. I have seen my MFM once and we are doing our first trimester screen with him in a few days. I plan on seeing him every 2 weeks as well (alternating with my OB) after the first trimester screen. At this point, all I can do is try not to worry myself sick and enjoy the fact that I feel great and so far, have a healthy sweet baby growing inside.
jen_moore1201

Return to Pregnant Again?