Post Reply FAQ Members Login

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Postby bgrove226 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 08:17 am

by bgrove226 (3 Posts), Mon Mar 03, 2014 08:17 am

Baby 3(January 1, 2014) - This pregnancy was pretty rough from the start found out around 8 weeks pregnant, a week prior I was in a car accident where I totaled my car so I was worried from the start especially with have scans (radiation) and stuff done due to the accident. I was in the hospital twice with bleeding and cramping prior to 12 weeks. I had an ultrasound at 11 weeks and the OB said there was blood around the placenta but he wasn't concerned. After that I started having what seemed like gall bladder issues a very severe striking pain that would almost drop me, I was told several times by the OB it was "growing pains" but my gut told me something was wrong but I placed my trust in the "doctors" I kept telling my husband I felt like I was 9 months pregnant because I was so wore down and I just didn't feel right.(That was at about 23 weeks) On Christmas eve I started having severe abdominal pain which I passed off as gas pains for hours because we ate A LOT OF FOOD that day from visiting family. Well I couldn't sleep and even breathing because painful so my husband took me to the hospital where it was discovered my BP was 190/110. They kept me for monitoring and did blood work that came back "not too bad" and they sent me home the next morning after my bp came down and said it was gas pains and bp was up due to being in pain. Got through Christmas went to work on the 26th and the pain returned, I called my oB they told me it sounded like my gallbladder and to go back to the hospital and try again. I drove myself by the time I got there I was in tears and in so much pain I could barely walk. Bp was 204/114 upon arrival, did blood work and scanned gallbladder. My liver enzymes came back EXTREMELY elevated so the pain was coming from my liver. No protein in urine. BP steadily starting rising. I was started on bp meds and mag drip. I received my first steroid shot to help baby. My ob consulted with an High risk dr at tertiary and they shipped me off to him the next day. MFM confirmed it was pre-eclampsia. I spent 5 days on the mag and labetetol 3 times a day and received my second steroid shot. 24 hour u/a should protein in my urine. Eventually my vision was going, I didn't want lights on anymore, and the headache was so severe no pain meds were helping. 2 ultrasounds were done - cord and placenta both had inadequate flow to the baby and his cord was wrap around his neck. He was measuring about 1lb in them. MFM sent me for emergency c-section Kolton was born on Jan 1 2014 at 10am 1lb 3oz. He was so small and under developed for his gestation, but he was breathing on his own and did well for 2 days, he passed Jan 3, 2014. I am still battling the high blood pressure but I'm on labetetol 3xs a day 200mg which is a lot. My docs are still optimistic and said because it was so severe that it make take up to 6 months to return to normal.

Kanye Pre-E 8/7/06 born at 40 weeks 7lbs 10oz
Kamden Pre-E 10/14/08 born at 38 weeks 7lbs 12oz
Kolton Severe Pre-E born at 25 weeks 1lb 3oz RIP ♥ 1/1/14-1/3/14
bgrove226

Re: New Member

Postby midwestmom » Tue Mar 04, 2014 07:33 am

by midwestmom (74 Posts), Tue Mar 04, 2014 07:33 am

I'm so sorry you had such a traumatic pregnancy and you lost your little boy. My heart goes out to you, and when you don't feel like you got proper treatment/ recognition of the warning signs from doctors, it feels like such a violation.

I hope that your body heals well from this traumatic event and that you and your family can begin to emotionally heal from it.
Hugs, Lauren
Lauren
Son born by emergency C-section due to severe preeclampsia in August 2009. Born 29wks2days weighing 3lbs, he is a healthy toddler now.
midwestmom

Postby 3LittleBlessings » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:02 pm

by 3LittleBlessings (10 Posts), Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:02 pm

I feel like words are a little inadequate here. There aren't any that can express how sorry I am you lost your son. I wish you and your family nothing but the best as you heal physically and emotionally from this pregnancy. ((hugs))

Blessings,
Mary
Mary

Proud Mommy of
Shannon (born 6/5/10, induction at 36 wks due to PROM)
Natalie (born 9/12/12, induction at 38 wks due to preeclampsia)
Jonathan (born 2/14/14, emergency c-section at 39 wks due to a prolapsed cord with mild PIH)
3LittleBlessings

Postby aundapenner » Thu Mar 06, 2014 06:22 am

by aundapenner (1624 Posts), Thu Mar 06, 2014 06:22 am

Like the other two posters, I feel at a loss for what to say ... I am so sorry you lost your little one.

I am sorry you are fighting blood pressure issues today.

I am sorry you have had to go through what you went through, only to face it daily and try to understand where it went awry ... sadly, there are almost never answers available ...

(((hugs)))

Be gentle with yourself and know you are in good company here. These boards are an excellent support network.
Alice - survivor of PE twice and mama to Heinrich (Henry), May 2006, born at 34+2 at 4lbs 5 oz and Sofia, February 2009, born at 37+1 at 6lbs 5oz.

Very thankful for the PF - who I found after Henry was dealing with preemie issues.
aundapenner

Return to Ask the Experienced