chronic hypertension

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Re: chronic hypertension

Postby caryn » Mon Feb 03, 2014 00:35 am

Sounds like you're tolerating it all pretty well. I know how nerve-wracking these second pregnancies are - you sound remarkably calm but I'm sure you're scared.

Will they be able to monitor the baby with ultrasounds as you get closer, or is that not an option for you either?
Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies? Lectures from researchers?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy
caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby ebonymama » Wed Feb 12, 2014 03:13 pm

hey all,

so i'm back to update....

so from the last post i mention the docs put me on lose does aspirin

so i'm just about two weeks or so using it and i do see a difference but for a time

so i mentioned before that i'm on my regular bp pills every six hours....so when i take the aspirin (regular 81mg lose dose aspirin) with morning dosage..i get like 110's /60's and then it slowly goes back up to the regular 120-130's /70's and 80's as the day progresses.....but thats a good thing right?? i take my pressure readings every 4-6 hours...

so at this time i'm at 31+ plus weeks .....i have a public appointment and ultrasound just about a week from now.....
i jus wanna get to 35 weeks so that will be two weeks prior to full term.....i don't think they will keep me for beyond full term....so i'm hoping to be induced at around 37 weeks....

i wish i could jus go some place and sleep and wake up and its 37 weeks....lolzzzzzz.....

i'm so worrisome and want the baby out alive and i'm alive to experience baby....

so after the appointment GOD'S willing amma update....

to caryn: they monitor baby by doing regular ultrasounds with doppler.....i think as i come closer to full term...they'll be doing regular NST's as well...

bye for now folks
ebonymama

Postby MomTimesThree » Wed Feb 12, 2014 05:07 pm

So glad you're still hanging in there! I also wished I could just sleep away until delivery!

Continuing to keep all crossables crossed that you make your 37 week goal! :)
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Postby ebonymama » Fri Feb 21, 2014 07:54 am

hello all,

sooo extremely blessed today.....i here to update after week 32 public appointment yesterday.......

did growth scan ultrasound and it went pretty well.....baby measuring a week and some ahead....i was soo worried about that....thank GOD....and averaging 3-4lbs.....they measured 2223g.....longitude in position..head downwards...

my meds stay the same and they did indicate i wont carry on beyond full term.....so in faith baby coming next month.... :D
i am required to come in weekly now.....so have another apt next week....they collected bloods again for ....blood count, liver and renal function....in 2nd tri it was good.....so we will c how that goes.....
ebonymama

Postby MomTimesThree » Fri Feb 21, 2014 08:51 pm

Woo Hoo!
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Postby sam10 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 09:26 pm

yay! and I am so glad you will be seen weekly from now on. fingers crossed for uneventful weeks ahead :D
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby ebonymama » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:35 am

thanks Sam.....

fingers cross cause i know these i next few weeks is danger zone....

gosh i freakin out every few hours checking pressure.....i'm getting late 130's-140's over late 80's with a few 90's in there....

i forgot to mention last week that no protein was seen in urine at ....i forgot to ask doc if they gonna check for urine in blood stream....gonna ask on Thursday....
ebonymama

Postby aundapenner » Thu Mar 06, 2014 07:15 am

Woohoo!!

I, too, was on methyldopa for my pregnancies (one was in the US and the other was in Germany).

Sounds like you and baby are doing well - hang in there! And keep us posted!!!

(((hugs)))
Alice - survivor of PE twice and mama to Heinrich (Henry), May 2006, born at 34+2 at 4lbs 5 oz and Sofia, February 2009, born at 37+1 at 6lbs 5oz.

Very thankful for the PF - who I found after Henry was dealing with preemie issues.
aundapenner

Postby ebonymama » Fri Mar 07, 2014 04:10 pm

thanks aund...,,

hey everyone,,

i'm so blessed to be here.....manage to get through week 33 n week 34 without hospital stay.....
bp is holding steady...and no protein indicated in urine.......

am 34 plus weeks now and gonna be induced between week 37 n 38...

i'm due for another growth scan at week 35 which is next Thursday....

so gettin closer n closer...
ebonymama

Postby sam10 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:12 am

Keep hanging in there. You are doing great :-)
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnant Again?