Post Reply FAQ Members Login

neck and shoulder pain

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

neck and shoulder pain

Postby alice123 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 01:38 am

by alice123 (1 Posts), Wed Mar 19, 2014 01:38 am

Hello I've joined to ask a question. I Googled the sort of pain am getting and it came up with your website. It is like a pinching pain on my neck and bra line. It started about three days ago, and been getting stronger and more painful.

Am 23wks and called the mw after seeing your information and she said to see my gp as it's not anything to do with pregnancy? I didn't wake up with it, it came out of no where and I though for the first few days it was just my bra was getting to small.

I can't turn lift or lower my neck now. :(

What should I do?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
alice123

Re: neck and shoulder pain

Postby MomTimesThree » Fri Mar 21, 2014 01:51 pm

by MomTimesThree (571 Posts), Fri Mar 21, 2014 01:51 pm

I hope you went to your GP and hopefully they've found a cause for the pain- total not a doc me- thinks it sounds kinda muscle related since it's limiting your neck movement- but when pregnant and dealing with pain that is out of the ordinary it is always better to be safe than sorry. How has your blood pressure been? Any other symptoms?

Symptoms of Pre-Eclampsia are here, and regardless of what the pain turns out to be, it's good to know the signs and symptoms! :)

http://www.preeclampsia.org/signs-and-symptoms

Keep posted as you're able.
Lauren
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Return to Ask the Experienced