Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Pls help need reassurance

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Pls help need reassurance

Postby anny4 » Fri May 23, 2014 02:55 pm

by anny4 (26 Posts), Fri May 23, 2014 02:55 pm

Yesterday when i was very tired at night half asleep using my phone i saw a blue light. i do not know if this could be due to tiredness or it was rays from the phone. so its not going that well.
anny4

Re: Pls help need reassurance

Postby alviarin » Sat May 24, 2014 10:15 pm

by alviarin (1644 Posts), Sat May 24, 2014 10:15 pm

How are you feeling today? Are you monitoring your pressures at home?

Could the "blue light" maybe have been an after-image due to looking at a brightly lit screen?
Hypothyroid mom to Connor and Claire
(severe pre-e at 38 weeks & "mild" pre-e at 37 weeks)
& baby Annabelle
(chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)
alviarin
Forum Moderator

Postby anny4 » Sun May 25, 2014 08:46 pm

by anny4 (26 Posts), Sun May 25, 2014 08:46 pm

yes it has been ok. however i do have another question when they say visual disturbances does it mean that you see those visual disturbances for 10 minutes or more. one of the doctors i talked to said i have to see them atleast for 10 mibutes but i wanted to know other ppl experiences.
anny4

Postby alviarin » Tue May 27, 2014 02:46 pm

by alviarin (1644 Posts), Tue May 27, 2014 02:46 pm

Sorry I don't have any personal experience with visual disturbances. I'm glad your docs have given you some guidelines though.

Hopefully someone who has had visual disturbances will chime in, but you can always do a search for old posts by typing in terms like "visual disturbances" in the search box on upper right hand if your screen. I've seen them described as everything from "flashing lights" to a "dark spot".

How far along are you now? How frequent are your appointments?
Hypothyroid mom to Connor and Claire
(severe pre-e at 38 weeks & "mild" pre-e at 37 weeks)
& baby Annabelle
(chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)
alviarin
Forum Moderator

Postby MomTimesThree » Tue May 27, 2014 07:50 pm

by MomTimesThree (570 Posts), Tue May 27, 2014 07:50 pm

Hi There-

I'm glad you've discussed them with your doctor and have some guidance regarding your visual disturbances. It seems in line with the direction we got.

Visual disturbances are one of those tricky symptoms since they are also totally normal. Non-pregnant people sometimes have visual disturbances- lil' squiglies, afterglow etc, and so do pregnant people. So our doctor always wanted me to report them, but also wanted me to keep the whole picture in mind. So a visual disturbance alone, when I felt good and my blood pressure was ok- we chalked up to the normal kind. But if I was having them a lot, and my blood pressure wasn't so good, then I should ping it at something more worrisome. But alone I could relax. :)

Glad you're continuing to have discussions with your doctor about your symptoms. Each case is unique and often care is crafted in conjunction with your personal history.

Keep posted as you're able. And yes, how far along now?
Lauren
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Postby anny4 » Thu May 29, 2014 01:49 pm

by anny4 (26 Posts), Thu May 29, 2014 01:49 pm

I'm 23+4 weeks. I just don't know wht is happening. Yesterday I had a strong tooth ache and my one eye hurtled and was tired I saw a few light spots 3 for a second. Doctors are not bothered because bp is good. I'm terrified I'm getting preeclampsia. Don't have any symptoms as yet. I've noticed I see these spots when I'm tired or like yesterday when my eye hurted.i live in Europe.
anny4

Postby MomTimesThree » Fri May 30, 2014 05:34 am

by MomTimesThree (570 Posts), Fri May 30, 2014 05:34 am

Congrats on 23w4! Each pregnancy is so different, and when you've had a previous one be complicated it's so challenging to find peace during a subsequent pregnancy. Total not doc me, finds it reassuring that your blood pressure has been awesome and that the visual disturbances have been when tired- which trends toward the normal.

This is a different pregnancy and you're on top of every symptom and it sounds like you have a nice relationship with your doctor to discuss your concerns. Continue to do so, even if nothing, your peace of mind is always worth a chat.

Wishing you many many more peaceful weeks of pregnancy!!
Lauren
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Postby anny4 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 09:51 am

by anny4 (26 Posts), Sun Jun 01, 2014 09:51 am

helloo. thanks for responding maybe im just tired. yesterday i went shopping after a long time had light in my eye or it could be a light from my husband watch while eating but then after a few minutes i started yawning and went to sleep in the car. oh and today i woke up well i was still was still trying to wake up u know the type of waking up when u just open ur eyes i saw red light across my eye? do any of u get that. i actually dont know if im making any sense.
anny4

Postby anny4 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 03:42 pm

by anny4 (26 Posts), Sun Jun 01, 2014 03:42 pm

i was thinking i could be dehydrated because my hands and arms are very dry you could actually see the white skin on top of it. my lips dont have any colour either. can dehydration cause these symptons im getting. i drink only tea in the morning and night and probably have a glass of milk in the evening. i only drink water if i need to take medecine. wanted to know what u guys think . will ask my doc tommorrow. im sorry if im being annoying. one more question do you guys know the survival rate of 26 weekers ?
anny4

Postby tanikit » Sun Jun 01, 2014 07:55 pm

by tanikit (22 Posts), Sun Jun 01, 2014 07:55 pm

I would drink more if I were you - I am not convinced that your signs can be from dehydration, but you are not drinking enough for a healthy pregnancy. The survival rate for 26 weekers can be quoted as between 60 and 80% but like anything it depends on a number of other issues too. Apparently one study listed it as high as 93%, but no one will tell you this if you were to give birth at that stage as your baby would face a lot of huge obstacles. Hope things will settle down for you and you can have a healthy and less stressful pregnancy.
tanikit

Next

Return to Ask the Experienced